Sights Firmly Set on NZB RTR Sale
Sights Firmly Set on NZB RTR Sale
With two successful days of Breeze Ups concluded earlier this week at Te Rapa, sights now turn to the 2008 Ready to Run Sale set to be held at Karaka on 18 & 19 November.
New Zealand Bloodstock's Ready to Run Sale has plenty to boast about this year with a host of successful graduates and another promising catalogue assembled to boot.
From last year's Sale alone there are already 33 winners, including four at stakes level, with Rockdale (Danroad) leading the charge with his Group 1 TJ Smith Stakes win. Prior to that, Ransom Express (Red Ransom) also alluded to the Sale's merits, winning the Group 3 Taranaki RC 2YO Handicap.
Racing from the stable of leading NZ trainer Mark Walker, Ransom Express was purchased by David Ellis for NZ$225,000 from Tom and Shelley Murtagh's Esker Lodge.
Rockdale was a NZ$135,000 purchase by John Morrisey from Phoenix Park. Owned by Janine Dunlop, Phoenix Park was also the vendor of Group 1 winners Marju Snip and Able One, plus Singapore Derby winner Lim's Prestige, at previous Ready to Run Sales.
Last year's Sale-topper St Culpe (Rock of Gibraltar x Run and Hide) is also on the stakeswinners' list, claiming the Listed ARC Great Northern Foal Stakes and recouping some of his NZ$500,000 price tag. He was sold by last year's leading vendor, Lyndhurst Farm.
The recent Listed ARC Bonecrusher Stakes winner Kildonan (Invincible Spirit) completes the quartet. He was purchased by Michael Wallace Bloodstock for NZ$56,000 from Anzac Lodge and looks an exciting Derby prospect for the current season.
Aside from the stakeswinners there has been a steady stream of success from this Sale recently.
Across the Tasman, the unbeaten rocketship Ã‰clair Fantastic (Spectatorial) and the John Sadler-trained Marne (Elusive City) join Rockdale as two of the better performed 2007 graduates.
Singapore racing, a loyal supporter of the horses in training sale concept, has also seen eight of last year's graduates grace the Kranji Winners Circle with the most successful to date being Revolte (French Deputy x Grilse). Now trained by Michael Clements for the Middle Kingdom Stable, he was a NZ$140,000 purchase by Jayven See from Esker Lodge.
In Korea, eight of last year's Sale graduates have won a total of 12 races to date. Two sons of Danroad in Brown Kaiser (Wairakei) and Dandi (Fizzy Heights) are leading the charge. Dandi was sold by LM Campbell for NZ$5,000 while Brown Kaiser was a NZ$12,000 purchase from Charisse Lodge.
Last Wednesday at Counties unearthed another talented winner from last year's Sale in the IDL racing owned Le Baron (Golan). Having just his second start he won the Pukekohe Mega Centre (1600m) after a super last to first run down the outside of the track. Offered as part of Blyth Tait's Chesterfield's draft, he fetched NZ$140,000 in the sale ring.
As well as the impressive six-length win by Sousa (Galileo) in the Group 1 AJC Spring Champion Stakes boosting the pedigree of his three-quarter-brother by High Chaparral at Lot 81, there are a number of updates to the pedigrees on offer at this year's Sale including:
• Lot 193 - B.F. Pins - Roaring Meg (Centaine): This filly's sister Bella Valentina, is now a stakes winner after capturing the Listed SAJC's Durbridge Stakes on 18 October.
• Lot 212, a bay colt by Gold Mine, further boosted his credentials by winning a Cambridge trial by five lengths on 23 September. He's eligible for the Karaka Million and will be offered on account of Bremner Bloodstock.
• Lot 254 - C.G. Howbaddouwantit -The Candidate (Deputy Governor): This colt's dam is a half-sister to Group 1 Kelt Capital Stakes winner Prized Gem, who herself has left last season's Group 1 AJC Derby winner Nom De Jeu (Montjeu). Trained by Murray and Bjorn Baker, he has recently placed in both the Group 1 Kelt Capital Stakes and the Group 1 Caulfield Cup.
• Lot 369 - B.C. One Cool Cat - Crimson (Zabeel): The Stravinsky filly Miss Scarlatti has provided two valuable updates to her half-brother's pedigree with her win in the Listed VRC Super Impose Stakes and second placing in the Group 3 MRC Norman Robinson Stakes.
• Click here to view the full list of pedigree updates.
Over the two days of selling, full or half-siblings to the following stakes winners will be offered: Arlingtonboulevard, Flying Firebird, Pentacity, Sonny-Itmaybeyou, The Big Chill, Unknown heights, Juliette Heights, Travis-Royal Admiral, Jazzella, Sunray, Rocking On, Tiger's Eye, Vetriano, Sousa, Smugglers Song, Devoted, Ististar, De Lollies, Jokers Wild, Deloraine, Big Easy, True Valour, Kerry O'Reilly, Splendid Bo Bo, Happy Gilmour-Smooth Sailing, Bella Valentina, I'm The Business, She's A Meanie, Crianca, Partee, Pleasant Sunday Girl, Command and Conquer, Vienetta, Butterscotch, Kings Honor-Bon Amie, Yacquina Bay, Swick, Queenza, Kim Fighter, Lady Madonna, Donna's Gold, Recurring, Durzetta, and Brave Lancer.
Plus there will be progeny from the stakeswinning mares Honor Bound, Iced Gem, Icy Calm, It's My Sin, Jazzamatazz, Kinetic, Lady Bird Blue, Maccadon's Dream, Madame Bardot, Marnies Magic, Methinks, Miss Tessla, Party Queen, Pastel, Queenza, Rhythm, Snow Reason, Starry Eyes, Stella Maree, Surprize Surprize, Alshandegha, Aspects of Love, Ballina Kate, Be Sweet Marie, Climb the Vine, Cornwall Queen, Crimson, Flapper and Flushed.
Some Group 1 related highlights include:
• Lot 6 - CH.C. Thorn Park - Golden Bridge (Gold Brose): This colt is a three-quarter-brother to Arlingtonboulevard, winner of the Group 1 Te Aroha JC New Zealand Thoroughbred Breeders' Stakes.
• Lot 24 - CH.C. Volksraad - Honor Bound (Honor Grades): This colt by six-time NZ champion sire Volksraad is out of Group 1 Easter Handicap winner Honor Bound.
• Lot 33 - BR.F. Traditionally - It's My Sin (Success Express): This filly is out of Group 1 Otaki Maori RC WFA Stakes winner It's My Sin, who has had six foals to race, all of which have won multiple races including Divine Rebel (Don Eduardo). She has strung together three wins in Australia already this season.
• Lot 62 -B.C.Red Ransom - Lady Circles (Ascot Knight): This colt by leading international stallion Red Ransom is out of a three-quarter sister to champion Australian racehorse Elvstroem and a half-sister to Australian 3yo Champion Haradasun.
• Lot 81 - B.C. High Chaparral - Liberty Song (Last Tycoon): This colt is a three-quarter brother to this seasons exciting spring 3yo Sousa, winner of the GR1 Spring Champion Stakes.
• Lot 110 - CH.F. Van Nistelrooy - Miss Rory (Rory's Jester): This filly is a three-quarter sister to Champion NZ 2yo Joker's Wild, winner of both the Group 1 ARC Diamond Stakes and the Group 1 Manawatu Sires Produce Stakes.
• Lot 129 - B.G. Savabeel - Nicole's Niner (Forty Niner): This gelding is a half-brother to 2005 Singapore Horse of the Year, Big Easy (Spinning World).
• Lot 173 - Br.G. High Chaparral - Proteaceae (Kaapstad): This gelding is a half-brother to Palette Natural (Volksraad) and Win Practitioner (O'Reilly), both Group 1 placed in Hong Kong. He's out of a three-quarter sister to outstanding NZ Derby winner Zonda.
• Lot 243 - B.C. Zabeel - Surprize Surprize (Prized): This colt by champion sire Zabeel is the second foal of Surprize Surprize, winner of the Group 1 Te Aroha JC Thoroughbred Breeders' Stakes.
• Lot 324 - Pins - Bali Sugar (Christmas Tree): This gelding is a full brother to Vienetta, winner of the Gr2 ARC Auckland Breeders' Stakes and placed in the Gr1 Te Aroha JC Thoroughbred Breeders Stakes.
The 424 strong catalogue will represent over 125 sires with the full complement including: Al Akbar (AUS), Align (AUS), Al Maher (AUS), Anabaa (USA), Aries Diamond (SAF), Bachelor Duke (USA), Bertolini (USA), Black Minnaloushe (USA), Cape Cross (IRE), Captain Rio (GB), Catcher in the Rye (IRE), Charge Forward (AUS), Chianti (IRE), China Cat (USA), Choisir (AUS), City on a Hill (USA), Colombia, Dagger Drawn (USA), Danasinga (AUS), Danbird (AUS), Dane Shadow (AUS), Danroad (AUS), Danske, Danzero (AUS), D'Cash (AUS), Dehere (USA), Deputy Governor (USA), Desert Fox (GB), Don Eduardo, Drama Critic (USA), Dubai Destination (USA), Easy Rocking (AUS), Ekraar (USA), El Moxie (USA), Eltawaasul (USA), Elusive City (USA), Elvstroem (AUS), Encosta de Lago (AUS), Face Value (AUS), Falbrav (IRE), Faltaat (USA), Fantastic Light (USA), Flying Spur (AUS), Footstepsinthesand (GB), French Deputy (USA), Galileo (IRE), General Nediym (AUS), Giant's Causeway (USA), Golan (IRE), Golden Snake (USA), Gold Mine (USA), Grandera (IRE), Handsome Ransom (AUS), Hawkeye (IRE), Hawk Wing (USA), High Chaparral (IRE), His Royal Highness, Honours List (IRE), Howbaddouwantit (USA), Hussonet (USA), Indian Danehill (IRE), Ishiguru (USA), Istidaad (USA), Johar (USA), Jungle Pocket (JPN), Justice Prevails (AUS), Kaapstad, Kashani (USA), Keeper (AUS), Kilimanjaro (GB), King Cugat (USA), King's Chapel (AUS), Lion Heart (USA), Lonhro (AUS), Lucky Owners, Magic Albert (AUS), Mediator (USA), Monolith (AUS), More Than Ready (USA), Mossman (AUS), My Halo (ARG), New Trumps (IRE), Niello (AUS), No Excuse Needed (GB), Occidental Tourist (USA), Octagonal (NZ), Octasong (AUS), One Cool Cat (USA), O'Reilly (NZ), Pentire (GB), Pins (AUS), Postponed (USA), Pyrus (USA), Quest for Fame (GB), Quorum (NZ), Red Ransom (USA), Riviera (FR), Rock of Gibraltar (IRE), Sakura Seeking (USA), Sandtrap (USA), Savabeel (AUS), Scaredee Cat (NZ), Secret Savings (USA), Sequalo (AUS), Shinko King (IRE), Spartacus (IRE), Spinning World (USA), Star Way (GB), Storm Creek (USA), St. Petersburg (AUS), Strategic (AUS), Strategic Image (AUS), Stravinsky (USA), Street Cry (IRE), Thorn Park (AUS), Towkay (AUS), Traditionally (USA), Ustinov (AUS), Van Nistelrooy (USA), Viking Ruler (AUS), Volksraad (GB), Woodbury Lad (USA), Youthful Legs (USA), Zabeel (NZ) and Zorro's Lad (AUS).
With transparency high on the list of priorities, New Zealand Bloodstock's pioneering blood-testing options are again available to prospective purchasers as it their X-ray Repository. Also at the forefront of NZB's priorities is making the Karaka experience as easy as possible with the Complex allowing for plenty of room for viewing horses plus the Breeze Up Clip Cyber CafÃ© and Buyer Reward Scheme for international clients.
With proven results and a talent packed catalogue, New Zealand Bloodstock's Ready to Run Sale final hook is presented with 40 lots entered in the Sale eligible to vie for a spot in the 2009 Karaka Million (25 January) plus 15 horses eligible for the Carnival Sale Bonus of $100,000, which goes to the first 2008 Carnival Sale graduate past the post in the 2YO Carnival Sale Bonus Race on Derby Day at Ellerslie next year.
Click here to view the Breeze Up results. Video footage of the Breeze Ups will be available online on Tuesday 28 October. To request a copy of the Breeze Up clips on DVD for TV or PC, email firstname.lastname@example.org