New Zealand’s first ‘after hours’ courier service
New Zealand’s first ‘after hours’ courier service launched
Locally owned courier company, Urgent Couriers, has announced the launch of New Zealand’s first business-to-consumer ‘after hours’ delivery service, aptly named Urgent Tonight.
The new service is specifically aimed at Aucklanders who buy something online during the day and who want their purchased goods delivered to a residential address between 6-8pm that night, Monday through Friday.
Urgent Courier’s founder and managing director, Steve Bonnici, says Urgent Tonight is filling a gap in the market.
“Over the last couple of years e-commerce transactions have steadily increased in New Zealand to the point we’ve now got more than a quarter of the country shopping online.
“Our research found that online shoppers want instant gratification for their purchases, so the existing online shopping delivery options were failing to meet many shoppers’ expectations.
“The major issue with the existing online shopping delivery experience is the delay in receiving goods.
“Deliveries are typically made overnight or if they are delivered same day but the online shopper has made their purchase online at work, they will not be at home to receive the goods during working hours so will have to trek to the depot to hand in their courier calling card,” says Mr Bonnici.
Deliveries are made to residential addresses anywhere within the Auckland metropolitan area which includes all of central Auckland and most homes on the shore and in east, west and south Auckland. When the concept is proven in Auckland the other main centres can expect to have access to the Urgent Tonight service in the future.
Online retailer Huckleberry Farms has trialled the Urgent Tonight service and states that it is “fast”, “secure”and “dependable”.
Huckleberry Farms managing director, Dave Spalter, says his customers have been delighted with the new Urgent Tonight delivery service.
"Clients contact us in the afternoon and can't believe that they can get orders tonight.
“It’s all about getting our products to our customers when they want them, and it’s an added bonus that Urgent Couriers service is certified carbon neutral.”
Problems with Home Delivery
• Deliveries too slow to satisfy “see it like it buy it” demand
• Goods going missing in transit
• Customers not being home to sign for goods
• Goods left without signatures
• Time wasted chasing up unfulfilled deliveries
• Or worse still, a card being left and your customer having to go and collect the goods.
The Urgent Tonight Solution from
• One pick-up per day between 4-5pm
• Same-evening delivery between 6-8pm to homes in the Auckland Metro area - Monday to Friday
• Flat delivery fee for a large Auckland metro area – (Pick up fee applicable for low daily volumes)
• Price covers up to 25kg per item
• Automated electronic booking
Results of Independent Research
• Urgent Couriers commissioned independent research of 600 consumers by Buzz Channel
• High interest in Urgent Tonight
· Buzz described the service to consumers and asked them to rate it on a 1-10 scale (1 I hate it to 10 I love it)
· 80.3% rated the service between 7&10
· 33.5% giving it 10 (I love it)
• Optimal price indicated by respondents was $10