Citrix Online Expands into Online Training Market
Citrix Online Expands into Online Training Market with Simple, Purpose-Built Training Solution
GoToTraining fills void in market for easy, interactive training solution that will save time and travel costs
Sydney, Feb. 17, 2010 – Citrix® GoToTraining™, an easy to use, purpose-built online training solution for business use, was launched today by Citrix Online, a division of Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CTXS). With GoToTraining, businesses of all sizes will be able to easily move their curriculums online and instantly host interactive training sessions with participants from any location, enabling them to save time and travel costs.
“GoToTraining was designed with enhanced training in mind – it will enable businesses to extend the reach and effectiveness of their training for employees, improving productivity and ultimately impacting the bottom line,” says H.R. Shiever, managing director, Citrix Online Asia Pacific.
Ahead of the release of GoToTraining, Citrix Online offered a free version of the solution to professionals in corporate training, human resources and other functions, who provided real-time feedback on the program’s functionality.
“We created a new, simple service with advanced training functionality that will alter the online training landscape in Australia and New Zealand. When our customers tell us they want a training solution – we make sure we deliver,” said Shiever.
Lynda Grant, training and development manager for real-estate software company Console, uses GoToTraining to train 12,000 users across Australia and New Zealand: “GoToTraining provides a cost effective way to deliver an engaging and more interactive training session. Now our clients have greater ownership of their learning as they feel more involved in the training process through the ability to interact with the trainer and participants during the session,” Grant said.
“GoToTraining has created a virtual but real hands-on classroom experience. We were waiting for a simpler and more intuitive way to publish content online—without raising costs, of course—and GoToTraining meets all those needs.”
Key features and benefits
• Full-service registration makes it easy to schedule, track and manage cancellations. Trainers can limit class size to optimise interaction during sessions and an online course catalog lets participants self-register for training sessions.
• Content library and material distribution lets trainers organise, store and reuse course materials such as tests, surveys and recordings, eliminating the need to email materials to attendees.
• Real-time curriculum management features allow trainers to instantly adjust programming based on real-time feedback. Trainers can update polls, tests and materials on-the-fly in session.
• Testing options allow trainers to measure attendee knowledge prior to sessions and gauge retention of course material both during and after sessions conclude.
• Integrated audio conferencing gives organisers the option to offer phone conferencing, VoIP, or both to attendees
GoToTraining’s 24/7 on-demand capabilities give trainers critical advantages for increasing the impact and effectiveness of their programs. Scheduling now meets participants’ scheduling requirements rather than the other way around. Recorded training content can be streamed easily following the initial sessions to reach an unlimited audience.
With GoToTraining, Citrix Online extends its market-leading Web collaboration and remote access platform, including GoToMeeting® for Web conferencing, GoToWebinar® for Webinars, GoToAssist® Corporate™ and GoToAssist® Express™ for remote support, HiDef Conferencing™ for audio conferencing (available only in the United States), GoView™ for screen recording and sharing, and GoToMyPC® for remote access to PCs and Macs.
For more information and a free 30-day trial, go to: www.gototraining.com.