Household Labour Force Survey: September 2012 qtr key facts
Household Labour Force Survey: September 2012 quarter key facts
In the September 2012 quarter
compared with the June 2012 quarter:
• The unemployment rate rose 0.5 percentage points, to 7.3 percent.
• The number of people unemployed increased by 13,000 people.
• The employment rate fell 0.4 percentage points, to 63.4 percent.
• The number of people employed decreased by 8,000.
• The labour force participation rate remained unchanged, at 68.4 percent.
Attached is information about the statistics released today.
Media release (pdf) Information release (pdf) Tables (xls)
(See attached file: HouseholdLabourForceSurveySep12qtrMR.pdf)(See attached file: HouseholdLabourForceSurveySep12qtr.pdf)(See attached file: hlfs_Sep12qtr-tables.xls)