Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


SFO confirms investigation into Ross Asset Management

Media Release
19 November 2012

SFO confirms investigation into Ross Asset Management

The Serious Fraud Office (SFO) today confirmed that it has commenced a formal investigation into David Ross, Ross Asset Management Limited (In Receivership) and associated entities.

In response to investor complaints, the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) opened an investigation into Wellington Financial Advisor, David Ross and firm Ross Asset Management on 25 October. A freeze was obtained on Mr Ross’ assets and John Fisk and David Bridgman from PricewaterhouseCoopers, were as appointed as receivers and managers.

Acting Chief Executive of the SFO, Simon McArley said the Office had been working with the FMA over the last two weeks. An evaluation of the information now available has concluded that there are reasonable grounds to believe that an offence of serious fraud may have been committed and accordingly have commenced a Part II investigation under the SFO Act.

“We will continue to work closely with the FMA to ensure both agencies’ resources are applied effectively in a coordinated and timely manner. We are meeting with the FMA and Mr Fisk early this week to progress that”, he said.

“The SFO notes with concern the comments made by Mr Fisk that it is likely the historical returns advised to investors may be fictitious and that what has occurred has the characteristics of a Ponzi scheme. Given the scale of the potential loss this is a matter we take extremely seriously”.

A dedicated telephone message line +64 (0)4 462 7040 has been established by PwC for any investors or creditors who have an enquiry relating to Ross Asset Management Limited (In Receivership) and related entities. Investors with questions should continue to contact PwC.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

OceanaGold: Man Killed In Waihi Mine Accident

A 29-year-old man had died following a work place accident at OceanaGold mine, Waihi last night. The man was killed after the front end loader he was in rolled down a slope. The accident happened at approximately 6.30pm on Thursday night. More>>

ALSO:

Constructing Consent: Annual Housing Consents Highest In Over A Decade

More than 29,000 new homes gained building consent in the year to June 2016, up 16 percent from the previous June year, Statistics New Zealand said today. More>>

ALSO:

War Against Weevil For Future Peas: “No Peas, No Weevil” Ban Now In Place In Wairarapa

The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) has today placed a ban on growing peas within a specified area and placed controls on moving pea material (seed and untreated pea straw) within, in and out of this area for the next 2 years. More>>

ALSO:

Wood Producers: Crisis In New Zealand Log Supply

New Zealand wood processing leaders held a hui with senior government officials and political leaders in Whangarei yesterday to assess the acute log supply shortage to local mills in Northland. More>>

Consents And Taxes: Trustpower 'Very Disappointed' With Judgement

Trustpower is "very disappointed" with a Supreme Court ruling dismissing its bid to claim tax deductions on $17.7 million of project costs in a case closely watched by large-scale infrastructure developers. More>>

ALSO:

Fruitful Endeavours: Kiwifruit Exports Reach Record Levels

In June 2016, kiwifruit exports rose $105 million (47 percent) from June 2015 to reach $331 million, Statistics New Zealand said today. Overall, goods exports rose $109 million (2.6 percent) in June 2016 (to $4.3 billion). More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Business
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news