Millbrook Queenstown Wins Another Prestigious Tourism Award
Media Release from Millbrook Resort, Queenstown, New Zealand
January 30 2013
Award-Winning Millbrook Queenstown Wins Another Prestigious Tourism Award
The five-star Millbrook Resort is riding a wave of award success, receiving yet another prestigious tourism honour.
The Queenstown resort has been hailed as the Best Asia Pacific Golf Course in the Shanghai Travelers’ Club 2013 Luxury Travel Awards, a welcome addition to the renowned resort’s long list of accolades.
Director of Golf Brian Spicer said the award was testimony to the hard work of the Millbrook team over the last few years.
“We have worked hard over the years to provide a world-class resort that not only meets, but exceeds people’s expectations of a five-star luxury resort and golf course,” he said.
“Chinese visitor numbers to New Zealand are growing exponentially and we want to encourage and nurture the Asia Pacific market. To be voted as the best golf course in Asia Pacific by an audience as prestigious as this is not only an honour but also shows the power and influence of the affluent Chinese market.”
The 3,400 Chinese members of the Shanghai Travelers' Club voted for their favourite luxury hotels, travel agencies, destinations and luxury lifestyle experiences all over the world according to the tastes of affluent Chinese outbound travelers.
Whittling their votes down to just a select few winners, the elite club also voted New Zealand the World’s Best Luxury Destination and Auckland Airport the World’s Best Airport, cementing New Zealand as a high-quality must-visit destination for the influential Chinese market. Whare Kea Lodge in Wanaka won Best Asia Pacific Boutique Hotel.
Voted the number one hotel in New Zealand in the Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice awards just two weeks ago, Millbrook Resort near Arrowtown has been named the Leading Golf Resort in Australasia at the World Travel Awards for the last three years.
Set in a natural, alpine amphitheatre against a backdrop of snow-capped mountain ranges on the outskirts of world-renowned tourism destination Queenstown, Millbrook was formerly a wheat farm with a 150-year history. It’s retained many heritage features including the original Millhouse, rustic buildings and a majestic avenue of trees.
Millbrook features five-star accommodation, world class dining, the Spa at Millbrook (ranked among the Top Ten in the World), a health and fitness centre, a championship 27-hole golf course, covered driving range, swimming pool, outdoor spa pools, tennis courts and kilometres of biking and walking trails.
Nearby you can enjoy the gold rush era village of Arrowtown with its many restaurants, museums and shops. Queenstown’s attractions include a wide range of activities, wineries, easy access to five ski areas, great nightlife and award-winning restaurants and bars.
Some of the key recognitions Millbrook has won over recent years include:
• Best Asia Pacific Golf Course at the Shanghai Travelers’ Club 2013 Luxury Travel Awards
• Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand in the 2013 Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards
• Voted as one of the Top 25 Hotels in the South Pacific and Top 25 Luxury Hotels in New Zealand in the 2013 Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards
• Voted Leading Golf Resort in Australasia at the World Travel Awards in 2010, 2011 and 2012
• Voted Leading Golf Resort in New Zealand at the World Travel Awards in 2011 and 2012
• The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in June 2012
• Executive Chef, Russell Heron and The Millhouse was awarded the Beef & Lamb Award for Excellence in 2011 and 2012
• Executive Chef, Russell Heron was the New Zealand Beef & Lamb Ambassador 2010
• Named Best Overseas Golf Resort by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2010, 2011 and 2nd Best in 2012
Enjoying one of the 27 holes at Millbrook Resort_media
Golf at the multi award-winning Millbrook Resort_media