New 'Must Have' Tool Gives Auckland House-Hunters The Edge
14 March 2013
New ‘Must Have’ Tool Gives
Auckland House-Hunters The
Hunting for the perfect home in Auckland’s fast-paced and competitive housing market just got easier with a new app for iPad from Barfoot & Thompson.
Offering customisable searches, high-resolution imagery and property documents in an easy to navigate format, the location-aware app helps house-hunters hone in on potential properties from thousands of listings around the City.
“Whether you are relaxing in a wi-fi zone or out and about over the weekend, this app puts the neighbourhood at your fingertips, with imagery and information that all but takes you to the front door,” explains IT Manager Stephen Barfoot.
“With instant access to information-rich listings at the tap of a finger, buyers can condense their lengthy house hunts and more quickly identify the homes that might be right for them.”
Stand-out features include:
• interactive map with listing previews
• school zone overlays
• show open homes within the week, day or hour
• documents like titles, floor plans and auction information
• contact the salesperson straight from the app
As thousands of people search and compete for a new home in Auckland each day, Stephen says the application offers potential buyers a real edge.
The new app for iPad offers a wide range of search filters, including school zones and which homes are open to view.
“Those old adages that knowledge is power and timing is everything are definitely applicable to the Auckland market these days. With a 1300-strong sales force regularly adding listings and contributing to property information, this is a must-have tool that can deliver the detail you need to take the next step towards purchase with fewer clicks and calls.”
To download for free, visit www.barfoot.co.nz/ipad or search “Barfoot & Thompson” on iTunes.
• Interactive map: see homes for sale around you, and tap them to see more details.
• Custom filters: adjust your filters for price, bedrooms and bathrooms to see only those homes that match your criteria.
• High-res photography: flip through full-screen photos of homes for sale.
• Videos and floor plans: for those homes that have them available.
• Locality search: type the name of the street or suburb that you are interested in to be taken straight to that locality.
• Explore schools: show schools in your area, and view their enrolment zones on the map.
• Bookmark your favourite homes or share them with friends via email.
• Features all of the Auckland and Northland homes listed with Barfoot & Thompson, currently standing at approximately 4,000.