Workshare Launches New Mobile Collaboration & Comparison App
NEW ZEALAND LAUNCH RELEASE: APRIL 11, 2013
Workshare Launches New Mobile Collaboration and Comparison App for Android
Workshare, a leading provider of secure enterprise collaboration applications, today launched Workshare Mobile for Android in New Zealand, the first mobile app to offer secure document collaboration and comparison for Android tablets. Available today for download via Google Play, this new app makes it even simpler for Android users to review, collaborate on, and compare documents securely while on the move.
Workshare Mobile for Android prevents the creation of information silos and the inability to track user access and activity around documents by eliminating the need for mobile users to download documents and send them as email attachments. Android users now have access to their documents beyond the firewall in an environment that is protected by the organisation’s data security and reporting policies.
The new app improves workforce productivity without compromising the security of documents or changing the way users access, review, or edit them. The app’s integration with Workshare’s online platform gives mobile users access to a rich set of security features including user authentication, password protection, permissions, time-limited file access, and full audit trails. In addition, the app’s mobile data management ensures tamper-proofing security in case the device is lost or stolen.
Key benefits include:
• Powerful, Efficient Collaboration – The industry’s only full-featured mobile collaboration app extends Workshare's unique document comparison to mobile devices via a secure, native app. The app allows users to participate in existing collaborations, create new workflows, and share content while on the move. Android users can now also make location-tagged comments directly in context in each page of a document like they can on the online Workshare platform.
• Comparison on the Road – Workshare Mobile is the first mobile app for Android to leverage Workshare’s unique patented comparison technology, enabling users to compare multiple versions of documents accurately and quickly while on the move.
• Automatic Syncing – Workshare files and folders are instantly available on Android tablets and, when online, always up-to-date with the latest comments and changes made by fellow collaborators.
“After the resounding
success of our first Workshare Mobile app, extending our
secure collaboration platform to Android users was the next
logical step,” said Anthony Foy, CEO of Workshare. “With
Workshare’s Mobile Apps, organisations maintain a high
level of control beyond the firewall while collaborators
benefit from a simple way to access and collaborate on their
• Download the Workshare Mobile App for Android via the Google Play store.
• Learn more about Workshare and why it is the only cloud-enabled collaboration and comparison platform designed for the enterprise by visiting http://www.workshare.com/.
• Connect with Workshare on its blog, and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Workshare is a leading provider of secure enterprise collaboration applications. The Workshare platform allows individuals to easily create, share, and manage high-value content anywhere, on any device. Workshare enhances the efficiency of the collaborative process by enabling content owners to accurately track and compare changes from contributors simultaneously. The integrated Workshare platform also reduces the commercial risk posed by inadvertently sharing confidential or sensitive documents. More than 1.8 million professionals in 70 countries use Workshare’s award-winning desktop, mobile, tablet, and web applications. For more information visit http://www.workshare.com or follow Workshare on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/workshare.