Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


Must Be Won: Lotto Powerball jackpot at $32 million

26 September 2013

Must Be Won: Lotto Powerball jackpot at $32 million

Lotto Powerball’s jackpot has today risen to a staggering $32 million – and this Saturday, it must be won.

For only the third time in the game’s history, Powerball’s First Division prize has jackpotted to its threshold of $30 million and, due to strong sales so far this week, Lotto New Zealand has now increased the prize to $32 million.

In a Must Be Won draw, if no single ticket wins Powerball First Division, the prize pool is added to the next highest division with winners – i.e. Second or Third Division. For example, last weekend seven players won Powerball Second Division. In a Must Be Won draw they would then share the prize pool for First and Second Division.

There have been two previous Powerball Must Be Won draws with prize pools of more than $30 million. In 2008, five players split the jackpot and took home $6.1 million each. In 2011, two players split the jackpot and took home $17.4 million each.

Amongst the excitement of a Must Be Won draw, Lotto New Zealand is encouraging people to play responsibly.

“With Lotto Powerball’s prize now increased to $32 million and guaranteed to be paid out this weekend, people who don’t play very often will be keen to try their luck,” said Corporate Communications Manager Emilia Mazur.

"We’d like to remind our customers to be realistic about the odds of winning and to only spend what they can afford.

“Responsible Play is all about being informed, having fun and knowing your limits.”

For more information see www.mylotto.co.nz/play-responsibly.

The Powerball Must Be Won draw will be held at 8pm on Saturday night on TV2.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Tourism: China Southern Airlines To Fly To Christchurch

China Southern Airlines, in partnership with Christchurch Airport and the South Island tourism industry, has announced today it will begin flying directly between Guangzhou, Mainland China and the South Island. More>>

ALSO:

Dodgy: Truck Shops Come Under Scrutiny

Mobile traders, or truck shops, target poorer communities, particularly in Auckland, with non-compliant contracts, steep prices and often lower-quality goods than can be bought at ordinary shops, a Commerce Commission investigation has found. More>>

ALSO:

Auckland Transport: Government, Council Agree On Funding Approach

The government and Auckland Council have reached a detente over transport funding, establishing a one-year, collaborative timetable for decisions on funding for the city's transport infrastructure growth in the next 30 years after the government refused to fund the $2 billion of short and medium-term plans outlined in Auckland's draft Unitary Plan. More>>

ALSO:

Bullish On China Shock: Slumping Equities, Commodities May Continue, But Not A GFC

The biggest selloff in stock markets in at least four years, slumping commodity prices and a surge in Wall Street's fear gauge don't mean the world economy is heading for another global financial crisis, fund managers say. More>>

ALSO:

Real Estate: Investors Driving Up Auckland Housing Risk - RBNZ

The growing presence of investors in Auckland's property market is increasing the risks, and is likely to both amplify the housing cycle and worsen the potential damage from a downturn both to the financial system and the broader economy, said Reserve Bank deputy governor Grant Spencer. More>>

ALSO:

Annual Record: Overseas Visitors Hit 3 Million Milestone

Visitor arrivals to New Zealand surpassed 3 million for the first time in the July 2015 year, Statistics New Zealand said today. The record-breaking 3,002,982 visitors this year was 7 percent higher than the July 2014 year. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Business
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news