Chrysler Profit Up 22 Per Cent
Chrysler Profit Up 22 Per Cent
• Chrysler Group
LLC net income for the third quarter of 2013 was $464
million, an increase of 22 percent from $381 million a year
• Net revenue for the third quarter was $17.6 billion, up 13.5 percent from a year ago
• Modified Operating Profit(b) increased 22 percent to $862 million in the third quarter, from $706 million a year earlier
• Free Cash Flow(e) for the third quarter was negative $343 million; Cash(d) as of Sept. 30, 2013, was $11.5 billion, down from $11.9 billion at both June 30, 2013, and Sept. 30, 2012
• Net Industrial Debt(f) was $888 million at Sept. 30, 2013, up from $656 million at June 30, 2013, and $693 million a year ago
• Worldwide vehicle shipments were 593,000 for the quarter, up 6 percent from 559,000 a year ago
• Worldwide vehicle sales for the third quarter were 603,000, up 8 percent from a year ago, driven primarily by a 16 percent increase in U.S. retail sales
• U.S. market share was 11.2 percent for the third quarter, compared with 11.3 percent a year ago; Chrysler Group market share was 14.3 percent in Canada, the same as a year ago
• Full-year 2013 guidance is confirmed
Chrysler Group LLC has reported its preliminary third-quarter 2013 results, including net income of $464 million, an increase of 22 percent from $381 million in the same quarter a year earlier.
The third quarter marks the Company’s ninth consecutive quarter of positive net income. Net income for the first nine months of 2013 totaled more than $1.1 billion.
Net revenue was $17.6 billion for the third quarter of 2013, up 13.5 percent from $15.5 billion for the same period last year, primarily driven by an increase in vehicle shipments, including the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Ram pickup trucks. Net revenue totaled $50.9 billion for the first nine months of 2013.
“Chrysler Group’s ninth consecutive quarter of positive net income highlights our commitment to producing award-winning vehicles for consumers, such as the Jeep Grand Cherokee and the Ram 1500,” Chrysler Group LLC Chairman and CEO Sergio Marchionne said. “We also are pleased to introduce the already award-winning Jeep Cherokee to the lineup, as it launches into the largest SUV segment in the United States.”
Modified Operating Profit was $862 million, or 4.9 percent of net revenue, in the third quarter, versus $706 million reported in the prior year. The 22 percent increase was primarily due to higher shipment volumes and positive pricing, partially offset by higher industrial and launch-related costs and vehicle content enhancements.
Modified Operating Profit was $2.1 billion for the first nine months of 2013.
About Fiat Chrysler
Launched on 1 May 2013, Fiat Chrysler New Zealand is the new national importer that has, for the first time, brought together Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge together under one importer to maximise the strengths of the brands and offer New Zealand consumers a better deal and a better ownership experience. The new company, which is based at Mt Wellington in Auckland, is a joint venture between New Zealand businessman, Neville Crichton, and Clyde Campbell.