Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


Northland Port divests half-stake in coolstores business

Northland Port divests half-stake in coolstores business

By Suze Metherell

Feb. 7 (BusinessDesk) – Northland Port Corp, which owns half of the Whangarei port’s operating company, has sold its 50 percent stake in North Port Coolstores to partner NPC Investments for $1.8 million.

The company will realise a gain of some $800,000 from the sale which will be accounted for in its second half earning of this financial year, it said in a statement. The coolstores made an after tax contribution of $200,000 to the port company’s profit of $6.7 million in the 2013 year.

"In a strategic context, the board believes that the company’s longer term interests will be best served by focusing on new and existing activity within the Marsden Point area where our other business interests are located and our small management team is based,” chairman Sir John Goulter said.

Northland Port is 54 percent owned by Northland Regional Council and about 20 percent by Ports of Auckland. It owns half of Northport, the terminal operator, in a joint venture with Port of Tauranga.

Northland Port’s other interests include stevedoring and 185 hectares of land at Marsden Point. The bulk of its earnings come from port operations.

Its shares were unchanged at $3.06 and are up 8.9 percent this year.

(BusinessDesk)

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Court Ruling: Kiwifruit NZ Ordered To Consider Collaborative Marketing Proposals

The High Court has told kiwifruit marketer Zespri to reconsider collaborative marketing proposals from Splice Fruit and Seeka Kiwifruit to sell fruit offshore that its board had previously rejected. More>>

ALSO:

Electric Vehicles: No Road User Charges Feature In Govt Package

Drivers of electric vehicles won't have to pay road user charges and will be allowed to drive in bus lanes as part of a new government plan to double EV numbers annually to a target 64,000 by 2021. More>>

ALSO:

Pre-Budget: Computer Emergency Response Team, Assemble!

John Key told the country's first ever Cyber Security Summit in Auckland that the government had earmarked funding set up a national Computer Emergency Response Team to help prevent and act on cyber incidents in partnership with the private sector and other organisations. More>>

ALSO:

Job Cutter Goes: Mark Weldon To Step Down As MediaWorks CEO

“When I joined MediaWorks in August 2014, I had a mandate to lead a significant change programme to bring the business back from receivership into a position where it could once again be a strong competitor in the market, with a sound and sustainable future. It was a big brief, laden with inherent challenges, but I took it in good faith and have dedicated myself fully to the goal since." More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Business
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news