Moa Had Luck of the Irish in Dublin Craft Beer Cup
Media Release from Moa Brewing: for immediate release
10 February 2014
NZ Brewer Moa Had Luck of the Irish in Dublin Craft Beer Cup – Biggest Medal Haul of Any Brewer Worldwide
Moa Brewing Company struck Irish gold with the biggest medal haul of any brewery worldwide at the Dublin Craft Beer Cup held over the weekend.
Moa picked up a total of seven medals – one gold, four silvers and two bronze – to beat over 80 other breweries from around the world. The timing could not have been any better with Moa’s first shipment to Ireland only weeks away from hitting the water.
“It’s great to see our beers continue to feature at the sharp end of beer competitions all over the world, especially given the likes of Anchor Brewing Company, Oskar Blues Brewing, Flying Dog, Left Hand and other highly regarded American breweries entered beers into these awards,” says Moa Head Brewer, David Nicholls.
“We’re also chuffed to have some other New Zealand breweries sharing in the spoils with Schippers Brewing Company picking up three silvers and a bronze, as well as our good friends down the road, Renaissance, picking up a silver,” added Moa Founder, Josh Scott.
Danish brewery Coisbo Beer claimed the highly coveted trophy for best beer with their Russian Imperial Stout.
The Moa medal haul includes:
• Moa Noir (Lager - Styles of European/German Origin)
• Moa Pale Ale (Ale - New World Style Ale)
• Moa St Jospehs (Ale - Styles of Belgian and French Origin)
• Moa Southern Alps (Ale Other)
• Moa Royal (Ale – Other)
• Moa Five Hop (Ale - Styles of British Origin)
• Imperial Stout (Other)
The full list of awards can be found at www.alltechbrewsandfood.com/medal-winners
Dublin Craft Beer Cup Fast Facts
• Second annual Dublin Craft Beer Cup.
• 314 x beers and 85 x breweries from 18 x countries.
• Moa was the most awarded brewery, picking up a total of seven medals.
• Seven out of the eight beers Moa entered into the awards received medals.
• New Zealand breweries picked up a total of 12 medals:
Moa Brewing Company
• Gold - Moa Noir
• Silver - Moa St Josephs, Moa Royal, Moa Southern Alps, Moa Pale Ale
• Bronze - Moa Five Hop & Moa Imperial Stout
• Silver - MPA
Schippers Brewing Company
• Silver - Herr X – Vienna Lager, Scallywag Amber Ale, Golden Geezer
• Bronze - Chinook IPA
Trophy for overall best beer went to Danish brewery Coisbo Beer for their Russian Imperial Stout.