Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


Wellington Drive seeks $5M from shareholders in note offer

Wellington Drive seeks $5 mln from shareholders in convertible note offer

By Paul McBeth

March 10 (BusinessDesk) - Wellington Drive Technologies, whose annual accounts were tagged by auditor PwC over forecast cash flows, will raise $5 million selling mandatory convertible notes to shareholders to help fund growth aspirations.

The notes will be sold in a renounceable pro-rata one-for-five rights issue to existing shareholders at 20 cents apiece, a premium to the last trading price of 18 cents. The mandatory convertible preference shares will pay annual interest of 5 percent, and convert at the end of a three-year term. The conversion will be one-for-one if Wellington Drive’s share price is more than 24 cents, or at a higher ratio if the price is 24 cents or lower.

The offer is underwritten by SuperLife, which holds about 19.7 percent of Wellington Drive, and other institutional shareholders have committed to take up their entitlements.

“We believe we now have a stable platform on which to win further new customers and deliver growth,” Wellington Drive chief executive Greg Allen said in a statement. “The mandatory convertible preference share is a great way to fund Wellington’s growth goals and ensure the company can more fully explore new markets and product ideas.”

Wellington Drive will seek shareholder approval at the May annual meeting to let SuperLife take up the offer, which could lift its stake in the company above the 20 percent takeover threshold.

The company held cash and equivalents of $2.98 million as at Dec. 31 after an annual net cash outflow of $2.45 million, and had its accounts tagged by auditor PwC, who said Wellington Drive may need additional funding to keep operating as a going concern.

Last year it raised $4.5 million through an institutional placement and share purchase plan.

Wellington Drive narrowed its annual loss to $3.77 million in 2013 on sales of $27.4 million, missing its target revenue of between $30 million and $33 million.

In January the company dropped its goal of breaking even on an earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation basis in the 2014 financial year, and will instead target revenue of between $30 million and $35 million. It forecasts a 2014 EBITDA loss of less than $2 million and a net loss below $2.7 million.

(BusinessDesk)

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

ETS Review: Modelling Documents Released

Three technical documents are being released to help New Zealanders engage with the Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS) review, Climate Change Minister Paula Bennett says. More>>

ALSO:

Northland: Govt Plan Targets Transport, Web, Maori Assets

The government has released a 10-year plan to attract investors and lift economic growth in Northland, a region that perennially underperforms the rest of the country even while being endowed with natural beauty, productive land, minerals, a potential workforce, scope for manufacturing, forestry and aquaculture, and proximity to Auckland. More>>

ALSO:

Statistics: Unemployment Rate Falls To 5.3 Percent

The unemployment rate fell to 5.3 percent in the December 2015 quarter (from 6.0 percent), Statistics New Zealand said today. This is the lowest unemployment rate since March 2009. There were 16,000 fewer people unemployed than in the September ... More>>

ALSO:

Employment: Labour Urges Talley’s To End AFFCO Lockout

Labour has urged Talley’s to resolve the ongoing industrial dispute with AFFCO workers which is having a severe effect on the employees, their families and their communities, Labour’s Workplace Relations spokesperson Iain Lees-Galloway says. More>>

ALSO:

Three Kings: Govt To Oppose Appeal Blocking $1.2B Auckland Housing Plan

Environment Minister Nick Smith and Housing New Zealand have joined legal proceedings in support of Auckland Council and Fletcher Building opposing a bid by community groups to only allow low-rise housing in a $1.2 billion housing redevelopment on the disused site of the Three Kings quarry. More>>

ALSO:

Transport: Jetstar Expands Regional Network With Three New Routes

More New Zealanders than ever before will have access to Jetstar’s affordable flights when new services take off today from Auckland to New Plymouth and Palmerston North, and Nelson to Wellington. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Business
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news