Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


Fruit in store today safe to eat

Fruit in store today safe to eat – updated 3.30pm

[The updates have been highlighted in italics.]

14 March 2014: Countdown has confirmed that the fruit affected by MPI’s precautionary withdrawal was removed from sale from late yesterday, 13 March.

All fruit currently on display in Countdown stores was not sourced from the Hawkes Bay packhouse concerned, and is safe to eat.

Additionally, SuperValue and FreshChoice stores – with the exception of SuperValue Edgeware, in Christchurch - were not impacted by the withdrawal as earlier stated by MPI. They did not purchase fruit from the affected packhouse. SuperValue Edgeware received two boxes of the affected fruit.

A number of Countdown stores were also not impacted – a list is below.

Customers can return any of the affected fruit purchased between 27 February and 13 March to the store for a full refund.

MPI has advised there is a relatively low risk that affected fruit had been contaminated. For more information, visit their website: http://www.mpi.govt.nz/news-resources/news/mpi-caution-potential-hepatitis-a-in-some-fruit

Ends

Notes to Editors:

SuperValue Edgeware (Christchurch) is the only SuperValue impacted by the withdrawal

No FreshChoice stores impacted

• The following Countdown stores were not impacted by the withdrawal:

WAIHI
PAIHIA
GREY LYNN
MANGERE MALL
CENTRAL MALL, ROTORUA
FRASER COVE, TAURANGA
MATAMATA
THE VALLEY, NEW PLYMOUTH
MANGERE
BIRKENHEAD
KELSTON
CAMBRIDGE
HUNTLY
WHAKATANE
MILFORD, AUCKLAND
PUKEKOHE
TAKANINI
GLENFIELD DOWNING ST
AVIEMORE DRIVE, AUCKLAND
CHARTWELL
TAKAPUNA
WHANGAPARAOA
MAIRANGI BAY
AUCKLAND AIRPORT
TE AWAMUTU
TAUPO
NORTHCOTE
MASSEY, AUCKLAND
GISBORNE
DARGAVILLE
TOKOROA
KENSINGTON
LEVIN
KILBIRNIE, WELLINGTON
OTAKI
KARORI, WELLINGTON

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

OceanaGold: Man Killed In Waihi Mine Accident

A 29-year-old man had died following a work place accident at OceanaGold mine, Waihi last night. The man was killed after the front end loader he was in rolled down a slope. The accident happened at approximately 6.30pm on Thursday night. More>>

ALSO:

Constructing Consent: Annual Housing Consents Highest In Over A Decade

More than 29,000 new homes gained building consent in the year to June 2016, up 16 percent from the previous June year, Statistics New Zealand said today. More>>

ALSO:

War Against Weevil For Future Peas: “No Peas, No Weevil” Ban Now In Place In Wairarapa

The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) has today placed a ban on growing peas within a specified area and placed controls on moving pea material (seed and untreated pea straw) within, in and out of this area for the next 2 years. More>>

ALSO:

Wood Producers: Crisis In New Zealand Log Supply

New Zealand wood processing leaders held a hui with senior government officials and political leaders in Whangarei yesterday to assess the acute log supply shortage to local mills in Northland. More>>

Consents And Taxes: Trustpower 'Very Disappointed' With Judgement

Trustpower is "very disappointed" with a Supreme Court ruling dismissing its bid to claim tax deductions on $17.7 million of project costs in a case closely watched by large-scale infrastructure developers. More>>

ALSO:

Fruitful Endeavours: Kiwifruit Exports Reach Record Levels

In June 2016, kiwifruit exports rose $105 million (47 percent) from June 2015 to reach $331 million, Statistics New Zealand said today. Overall, goods exports rose $109 million (2.6 percent) in June 2016 (to $4.3 billion). More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Business
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news