Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


Abano warns on FY profit, sales over kiwi, takeover bid

Abano sees smaller annual sales on strong kiwi dollar, takeover bid hit bottom line

March 18 (BusinessDesk) - Abano Healthcare, the healthcare investor, anticipates smaller annual revenue due to the strength of the New Zealand dollar and lower net profit after a failed takeover attempt last year from a consortium which included its biggest shareholder.

The Auckland-based company expects net profit of between $4.5 million and $5 million in the year ending May 31, down from a forecast $5.4 million by Grant Samuel in an independent adviser’s report when Abano was facing a takeover in November. The company has previously put a $400,000 price tag on takeover bid by Archer Capital and Abano investors Peter Hutson and James Reeves. Annual profit will still be higher than the $2.8 million it reported a year earlier.

Annual revenue is expected to be between $209.8 million and $211.8 million, down from a forecast of $213.8 million in the Grant Samuel report, though up from $207 million in 2013. It said a strong New Zealand dollar against its Australian counterpart had depressed the forecast results.

Abano said underlying net profit, which strips out one-off gains and losses, will be between $5.8 million and $6.3 million, compared to $4.5 million a year earlier.

“The forecast in reported and underlying NPAT for the FY14 year is the result of an improving dental performance along with Bay Audio’s solid progress as it moves towards achieving a breakeven result,” managing director Alan Clarke said in a statement. “The acquisition pipeline is still strong, although acquisition settlements are expected to be slower during the final quarter due to vendor requirements.”

The statement was released after the close of trading, with the shares unchanged at $6.55. The stock has increased 2.8 percent this year.

(BusinessDesk)

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Court Ruling: Kiwifruit NZ Ordered To Consider Collaborative Marketing Proposals

The High Court has told kiwifruit marketer Zespri to reconsider collaborative marketing proposals from Splice Fruit and Seeka Kiwifruit to sell fruit offshore that its board had previously rejected. More>>

ALSO:

Electric Vehicles: No Road User Charges Feature In Govt Package

Drivers of electric vehicles won't have to pay road user charges and will be allowed to drive in bus lanes as part of a new government plan to double EV numbers annually to a target 64,000 by 2021. More>>

ALSO:

Pre-Budget: Computer Emergency Response Team, Assemble!

John Key told the country's first ever Cyber Security Summit in Auckland that the government had earmarked funding set up a national Computer Emergency Response Team to help prevent and act on cyber incidents in partnership with the private sector and other organisations. More>>

ALSO:

Job Cutter Goes: Mark Weldon To Step Down As MediaWorks CEO

“When I joined MediaWorks in August 2014, I had a mandate to lead a significant change programme to bring the business back from receivership into a position where it could once again be a strong competitor in the market, with a sound and sustainable future. It was a big brief, laden with inherent challenges, but I took it in good faith and have dedicated myself fully to the goal since." More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Business
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news