Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


Youngest KiwiSaver Scheme hitting the mark

Default provider appointment shows youngest KiwiSaver Scheme hitting the mark


Just over a year following launch, the BNZ KiwiSaver Scheme has been appointed a KiwiSaver default provider by Ministers Bill English and Craig Foss this morning.

BNZ CEO Andrew Thorburn says the default appointment shows that BNZ’s “deliberately different” approach is hitting the mark.

“As a nation we need to get better at saving, and the BNZ KiwiSaver Scheme was developed to bring saving to the front of New Zealanders’ minds so that it becomes as intuitive as paying the bills.

“We’ve done that by making savings balances very visible and by offering innovative incentives such as transferring FlyBuys points into retirement savings.”

Mr Thorburn says the default appointment fits perfectly with the bank’s aim to help people be good with money and will allow BNZ to make a larger contribution to ensuring New Zealanders are in the best financial position possible when they retire.

The BNZ KiwiSaver Scheme has had a huge debut. In its first year of operation the scheme opened more than 37,000 new accounts and reached over $200 million in funds under management.

Mr Thorburn attributes that success to the bank’s network of 180 retail stores as well as an ever-increasing online and digital presence. The bank’s mobile app won Best Mobile App at the NetGuide Web awards earlier this year.

The BNZ KiwiSaver Scheme itself also clocked up some accolades in its first year. The BNZ KiwiSaver Conservative Fund was awarded 5-stars by Canstar and the BNZ KiwiSaver Scheme was highlighted as “Best New Entrant” by Workplace Savings.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Negotiations Fail: Christchurch Convention Centre Build To Proceed Without PCNZ

After protracted negotiations, the government has ditched the construction consortium it picked to build Christchurch's replacement convention centre, which it now anticipates delivering at least two years behind the original schedule. More>>

ALSO:

Ruataniwha: Greenpeace Launches Legal Challenge Against $1b Dam Plan

Greenpeace NZ is launching a legal challenge against a controversial plan to build a dam that’s set to cost close to $1 billion and will pollute a region’s rivers. More>>

ALSO:

Inequality: Top 10% Of Housholds Have Half Of Total Net Worth

The average New Zealand household was worth $289,000 in the year to June 2015, Statistics New Zealand said today. However wealth was not evenly distributed, with the top 10 percent accounting for around half of total wealth. In contrast, the bottom 40 percent held 3 percent of total wealth. More>>

ALSO:

What Winter? Temperature Records Set For June 20-22

The days around the winter soltice produced a number of notably warm tempertaures. More>>

Conservation Deal: New Kākāpō Recovery Partnership Welcomed

Conservation Minister Maggie Barry says the new kakapo recovery partnership between DOC and Meridian Energy is great news for efforts to save one of New Zealand’s most beloved birds. More>>

ALSO:

Tech Sector Report: Joyce Warns Asian Tech Investors View NZ As Hobbits And Food

Speaking in Wellington at the launch of a report showcasing the value of the technology sector to the New Zealand economy, Joyce said more had to be done to tell the country's technology stories overseas. More>>

ALSO:

Mediaglommeration: APN Gets OIO Approval For Demerger Plan

APN News & Media has received Overseas Investment Office approval for its plan to split out its NZME unit ahead of a potential merger with rival Fairfax Media's New Zealand operations. More>>

Get More From Scoop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Business
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news