Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


NZF Group restates first-half results for the second time

NZF Group restates first-half results for the second time after talks with regulator

By Suze Metherell

April 2 (BusinessDesk) - NZF Group, the financial services company fined and suspended from trading on the New Zealand stock exchange last year after a four-and-a-half month delay in filing its annual report, has restated its first half report for the second time.

The Auckland-based company yesterday reissued its financial results for the six months ended Sept. 30 after consultation with the Financial Markets Authority, citing errors in comparative amounts and the disclosure shown in the accounts, it said in a statement. The company initially published the results in November and first restated them in February because of concerns about how it recognised losses of discontinued assets.

NZF Group said the restated accounts didn't change its reported first-half loss of $746,000, compared with the year earlier loss of $853,000. Shares in the company last traded at 1 cent.

In November the regulatory arm of stock exchange operator NZX fined NZF Group $35,000 and censured the company after a delay in filing its 2013 annual report. At the time NZF Group said it was unable to fully value its divestment in its 50 percent stake in MPMH, a holding company for Mike Pero Mortgages, as it no longer had access to the financial statements.

NZF Group established the MPMH joint venture with Australasian firm Liberty Financial in 2006. The venture soured as NZF Group sought to divest, which Liberty disputed. The worth and subsequent impairment to be recognised by the divestment of MPMH was also disputed, with discrepancies between valuations ranging from $2.76 million to NZF's own valuation of $7.51 million.

In its latest accounts, the company repeated that it needs more cash to continue operating beyond 12 months. The company suspended interest payments on its capital notes in May 2012, enabling it to continue operating for the next 12 months, it said.

NZF Group said it had excess liabilities over assets of $15.9 million at Sept. 30 and was in breach of the solvency test under the Companies Act.

Meantime, the company has agreed to sell its holding in New Zealand Mortgage Finance for $95,000, with settlement due last month, it said.

(BusinessDesk)

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Negotiations Fail: Christchurch Convention Centre Build To Proceed Without PCNZ

After protracted negotiations, the government has ditched the construction consortium it picked to build Christchurch's replacement convention centre, which it now anticipates delivering at least two years behind the original schedule. More>>

ALSO:

Ruataniwha: Greenpeace Launches Legal Challenge Against $1b Dam Plan

Greenpeace NZ is launching a legal challenge against a controversial plan to build a dam that’s set to cost close to $1 billion and will pollute a region’s rivers. More>>

ALSO:

Inequality: Top 10% Of Housholds Have Half Of Total Net Worth

The average New Zealand household was worth $289,000 in the year to June 2015, Statistics New Zealand said today. However wealth was not evenly distributed, with the top 10 percent accounting for around half of total wealth. In contrast, the bottom 40 percent held 3 percent of total wealth. More>>

ALSO:

What Winter? Temperature Records Set For June 20-22

The days around the winter soltice produced a number of notably warm tempertaures. More>>

Conservation Deal: New Kākāpō Recovery Partnership Welcomed

Conservation Minister Maggie Barry says the new kakapo recovery partnership between DOC and Meridian Energy is great news for efforts to save one of New Zealand’s most beloved birds. More>>

ALSO:

Tech Sector Report: Joyce Warns Asian Tech Investors View NZ As Hobbits And Food

Speaking in Wellington at the launch of a report showcasing the value of the technology sector to the New Zealand economy, Joyce said more had to be done to tell the country's technology stories overseas. More>>

ALSO:

Mediaglommeration: APN Gets OIO Approval For Demerger Plan

APN News & Media has received Overseas Investment Office approval for its plan to split out its NZME unit ahead of a potential merger with rival Fairfax Media's New Zealand operations. More>>

Get More From Scoop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Business
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news