Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


Jono Pryor And Ben Boyce to Host The Rock Drive

MEDIA RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Monday 7 April, 2014


Jono Pryor And Ben Boyce to Host The Rock Drive


Jono and Ben at Ten fans can now enjoy their favourite TV pranksters five days a week with Ben Boyce joining Jono Pryor to co-host of THE ROCK Drive. The new Drive show starts late April.

Boyce spent six months co-hosting THE ROCK’s Night Show in 2004/2005 and is looking forward to returning to radio alongside his best mate.

“I’m looking forward to spending every afternoon with Jono as well as every morning, as I was starting to feel like we didn’t hang out together enough!” says Boyce.

“Jono’s been a great help. His main advice was for me to stop wearing any t-shirts that aren’t black.”

THE ROCK Programme Director, Brad King is excited about the duo taking their popular banter to the airwaves.

“I’m stoked by the appointment of Jono and Ben on THE ROCK Drive,” he says.

“Their new radio show will be jam packed with some of their best bits from Jono and Ben at Ten, along with stacks of new features, special guests and plenty of the humour that has seen them become two of New Zealand’s leading entertainers.

“Mix this in with the soundtrack to the biggest rock tracks from around the world, and we’ve got a pretty sweet show lined up.”

The new line up replaces the Robert and Jono Drive Show. Co-host Robert Taylor announced last week he had decided it was time for a change.

“After 10 years on-air doing THE ROCK Drive show with Jono, pulling pranks and doing just about every dubious deed ….I feel the time is right to try something new,” he says.

“It’s been the most awesome ride; I don’t think Jono and I have ever had a serious moment on air. But it’s been ten years. I’ll miss the listeners and the team, but I’m happy to be leaving on a high, and handing over control of the Drive Bus to someone new.”

King paid tribute to Robert and Jono for a decade of ground-breaking radio.

“The Robert and Jono Drive show has been crowned Best non-breakfast Entertainment Show at the NZ Radio Awards five times in the past six years, and is consistently one of the highest rating shows in the country.” He says.

“They’ve given away brides and divorces, become infamous for the hugely successful Wind Up Your Wife segment, and spilt the nation by creating a Folden, the world’s first Ford and Holden hybrid.

“Robert will be greatly missed, but there couldn’t be a better replacement than Jono’s other other-half, Ben.”

“It has been like a marriage,” says Pryor. “"No one can take away the endless hours of sitting in a room every day with Robert. He has taught me loads over the nine years we have been together, mainly how to clear my internet history and how to fix the printer.

“He’s a hard act to follow, but if anyone can tolerate me on a daily basis, that person is Ben.”

- ends -

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Court Ruling: Kiwifruit NZ Ordered To Consider Collaborative Marketing Proposals

The High Court has told kiwifruit marketer Zespri to reconsider collaborative marketing proposals from Splice Fruit and Seeka Kiwifruit to sell fruit offshore that its board had previously rejected. More>>

ALSO:

Electric Vehicles: No Road User Charges Feature In Govt Package

Drivers of electric vehicles won't have to pay road user charges and will be allowed to drive in bus lanes as part of a new government plan to double EV numbers annually to a target 64,000 by 2021. More>>

ALSO:

Pre-Budget: Computer Emergency Response Team, Assemble!

John Key told the country's first ever Cyber Security Summit in Auckland that the government had earmarked funding set up a national Computer Emergency Response Team to help prevent and act on cyber incidents in partnership with the private sector and other organisations. More>>

ALSO:

Job Cutter Goes: Mark Weldon To Step Down As MediaWorks CEO

“When I joined MediaWorks in August 2014, I had a mandate to lead a significant change programme to bring the business back from receivership into a position where it could once again be a strong competitor in the market, with a sound and sustainable future. It was a big brief, laden with inherent challenges, but I took it in good faith and have dedicated myself fully to the goal since." More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Business
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news