Mediaworks Radio Celebrates Historic Survey Results
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday 11 April, 2014
MEDIAWORKS RADIO CELEBRATES HISTORIC SURVEY RESULTS
MediaWorks Radio has increased its dominance of the national radio market with one of the company's strongest ever performances in a radio survey.
The results are part of the latest radio survey, released today by TNS New Zealand, which shows MediaWorks Radio brands have won 53.3% share of listening among 25-54 year-olds.* The result is driven by success across the company's family of radio brands, which includes The Edge, The Rock, More FM, Kiwi FM, RadioLIVE, LiveSPORT, The Sound, The Breeze, George FM, and Mai FM.
The standout success this survey is The Edge, which recently announced it will launch a TV channel later this year. The Edge is the #1 radio network in New Zealand with 454,400 people tuning in each week,# and has recorded its biggest results ever in Drive; the new line-up of Guy Williams, Sharyn Casey and Clint Roberts (replacing Fletch and Vaughan) is the #1 Drive show in the country with 227,300 listeners each week.^ Jay-Jay Feeney, Mike Puru and Dom Harvey retain their crown as the music Breakfast show with the most listeners, growing to 253,300.+
Other highlights include:
* The Breeze recorded its best national listenership ever, with 315,300 listeners tuning in each week to its network of local radio stations in 25 regional markets.#
* The Rock continues to dominate the rock music format, with 302,100 listeners each week,# and has the #1 market share in the 25-44 demographic.**
* Mai FM is has taken the lead in the Auckland 18-34 year-old demographic, growing by 25% to become the station with the most listeners in that demographic.##
* More FM grew its national listenership off the back of a strong performance by Simon Barnett and Gary McCormick's Breakfast show.#
* The Sound continues to be the #1 position in its target demographic of males aged 40-59.^^
* RadioLIVE, George FM, LiveSPORT and KiwiFM all enjoyed strong growth.
CEO MediaWorks Radio Chief Executive, Wendy Palmer says: "There are outstanding results for the company, and I want to pay tribute to the talent and hard work of our people, all around the country.
"There have been some changes in the past six months, and it's fantastic to see these paying dividends. The Edge Drive have skyrocketed into the #1 position in an incredible result, and we've also had 10% growth for RadioLIVE's noon-3pm show with Ali Mau and Willie Jackson,++ plus excellent growth in the Auckland market for More FM with the introduction of Si and Gary's Breakfast show.
"These numbers mean we are truly delivering on our promise of having the right brand, for the right audience - and the right solutions for our clients. With exciting initiatives such as The Edge TV and the launch of Jono and Ben into The Rock Drive this Monday, the stage is set for another highly successful six months."
- ends -
*TNS New Zealand Commercial National Survey 1/2014,
Station Share (%) 25-54, Mon-Sun, 12mn-12mn,
# TNS New Zealand Commercial National Survey 1/2014, Cumulative Audience (000s), All 10+ Mon-Sun, 12mn-12mn
^ TNS New Zealand Commercial National Survey 1/2014, Cumulative Audience (000s), All 10+ Mon-Fri, 4pm-7pm
+TNS New Zealand Commercial National Survey 1/2014, Cumulative Audience (000s), All 10+ Mon-Fri, 6am-9am
**TNS New Zealand Commercial National Survey 1/2014, Station Share (%) All 25-44 Mon-Sun, 12mn-12mn
##TNS New Zealand Commercial Auckland Survey 1/2014, Cumulative Audience (000s), 18-34, Mon-Sun, 12mn-12mn
^^TNS New Zealand Commercial National Survey 1/2014, Station Share (%), 40-59, Mon-Sun, 12mn-12mn
++TNS New Zealand Commercial National Survey 1/2014, Cumulative Audience (000s), All 10+, Mon-Fri, 12noon-3pm