Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


Wellington Drive shareholders to vote of pref. share issue

Wellington Drive shareholders to vote of pref. share issue that could hand control to SuperLife


By Suze Metherell

May 19 (BusinessDesk) – Shareholders in Wellington Drive Technologies, whose annual accounts were tagged by auditor PwC over forecast cash flows, will vote next month on a sale of preference shares that could hand control of the company to cornerstone investor SuperLife.

The Auckland-based maker of energy efficient refrigeration motors today said it raised $2.2 million of the $5 million sought in a one-for-five issue of convertible preference shares at 20 cents apiece. SuperLife, which owns 19.7 percent of Wellington Drive and underwrote the sale, will mop up the unsold $2.78 million portion, subject to the shareholder vote, which would lift its holding when the preference shares convert one-to-one to ordinary shares in three years.

Wellington Drive shares last traded at 14 cents. If the price rose to 24 cents at the time of conversion, SuperLife’s holding would rise to about 28 percent, company secretary Ron Jackson told BusinessDesk. If the share price collapsed in that time the notes would convert at a higher ratio and SuperLife’s stake could rise to as much as 65 percent.

The 20 cent issue price is a premium to the near nine-month low of 11.6 cents the shares were trading at last Thursday. The stock has dropped 42 percent this year.

The company held cash and equivalents of $2.98 million as at Dec. 31 after an annual net cash outflow of $2.45 million, and had its accounts tagged by auditor PwC, which said Wellington Drive may need additional funding to keep operating as a going concern. Last year it raised $4.5 million through an institutional placement and share purchase plan.

Wellington Drive narrowed its annual loss to $3.77 million in 2013 on sales of $27.4 million, missing its target revenue of between $30 million and $33 million.

In January the company dropped its goal of breaking even on an earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation basis in the 2014 financial year, and will instead target revenue of between $30 million and $35 million. It forecasts a 2014 Ebitda loss of less than $2 million and a net loss below $2.7 million.

(BusinessDesk)

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Negotiations Fail: Christchurch Convention Centre Build To Proceed Without PCNZ

After protracted negotiations, the government has ditched the construction consortium it picked to build Christchurch's replacement convention centre, which it now anticipates delivering at least two years behind the original schedule. More>>

ALSO:

Ruataniwha: Greenpeace Launches Legal Challenge Against $1b Dam Plan

Greenpeace NZ is launching a legal challenge against a controversial plan to build a dam that’s set to cost close to $1 billion and will pollute a region’s rivers. More>>

ALSO:

Inequality: Top 10% Of Housholds Have Half Of Total Net Worth

The average New Zealand household was worth $289,000 in the year to June 2015, Statistics New Zealand said today. However wealth was not evenly distributed, with the top 10 percent accounting for around half of total wealth. In contrast, the bottom 40 percent held 3 percent of total wealth. More>>

ALSO:

What Winter? Temperature Records Set For June 20-22

The days around the winter soltice produced a number of notably warm tempertaures. More>>

Conservation Deal: New Kākāpō Recovery Partnership Welcomed

Conservation Minister Maggie Barry says the new kakapo recovery partnership between DOC and Meridian Energy is great news for efforts to save one of New Zealand’s most beloved birds. More>>

ALSO:

Tech Sector Report: Joyce Warns Asian Tech Investors View NZ As Hobbits And Food

Speaking in Wellington at the launch of a report showcasing the value of the technology sector to the New Zealand economy, Joyce said more had to be done to tell the country's technology stories overseas. More>>

ALSO:

Mediaglommeration: APN Gets OIO Approval For Demerger Plan

APN News & Media has received Overseas Investment Office approval for its plan to split out its NZME unit ahead of a potential merger with rival Fairfax Media's New Zealand operations. More>>

Get More From Scoop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Business
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news