Stage One of New Kaiapoi 500 Home Development To Open
Media Release 21 May 2014
Stage One of New Kaiapoi 500 Home Development Officially Opens Next Week
Affordable two, three and four bedroom homes are completed and ready to move into at BeachGrove Kaiapoi. This is just one the appealing aspects of the development, a new seven stage, 500 home development in Kaiapoi.
Beach Grove will be officially opened on Wednesday 28 May with the first residents expected to occupy homes in early June. Given that works on site only commenced in April 2013, the pace of completed homes delivery has been exceptional, with the first homes already completed and all further stage one homes due for completion in the winter and summer of 2014.
BeachGrove CEO, Shane Fairmaid says the interest in the development has been better than anticipated and the first stage now well sold down.
“It’s clear that with completed home and land packages starting at around $355,000, this is definitely allowing many to buy a new home where previously they may not have been able to,” Fairmaid says. “With attractive, architecturally designed villas and townhouses, smart streetscape and landscaped parks, we’re finding that people are really excited about living in BeachGrove, and interest and sales are reflecting that.”
Fairmaid adds that BeachGrove has been completely masterplanned from the ground up so as to refine every aspect of the development and thereby reducing development costs to provide homes which are much more in reach of the market.
“It’s been hard work and there’s no one design aspect that can deliver affordability but by looking carefully at every aspect of the development, we’ve achieved an outcome that makes new homeownership more attainable for buyers whilst maintaining high quality, complete homes,” he says.
BeachGrove is located within easy walking distance of the Kaiapoi town centre and Shane Fairmaid says a number of people have expressed interest in moving to BeachGrove from out of town and abroad.
Fairmaid says one of the key concerns people have when considering a new home is the land quality and he says people can feel completely confident that all BeachGrove homes and sections have been designed to the very latest post-earthquake development standards.
“Prior to commencing the development we commissioned Geotechnical Engineers Tonkin & Taylor to carry out extensive site investigations at BeachGrove, and the Waimakariri Council Geotechnical Consultants have independently verified this work. This means homeowners can be absolutely confident that their home at BeachGrove has been designed and built with all the experience and knowledge that has been gained over the last three years, and that is so very important for security and peace of mind,” he says.
• There are 18 unique home designs available ranging from two, three and four bedrooms to choose from. Some are townhouses, some are standalone villas. All homes are fully landscaped at completion and ready to be moved into.
The first 22 homes will be officially opened on Wednesday May 28th at 12.30pm.
• With each street fully built-out before residents move in, there will be no problems with residents needing to share completed streets with builders as is commonly the case in new subdivisions.
• BeachGrove is the first fully masterplanned and developed neighbourhood to be completed since the earthquakes.
• Street names reflect the original families who settled the area, and there is a nautical theme within the street naming, a nod to the history that is so important to the Kaiapoi area. The main entrance is on Tuhoe Ave.
• The new homes have been designed with sustainability and ongoing cost efficiency in mind. The generally north facing orientation of the homes means they’re warm, light and very efficient to heat which are all key considerations for many new home buyers.
• The first home was sold to the original landowners, Marie and Dave Hancox who had owned the original farm for many years and been on the land for 45 years.