Interislander Masters update
Interislander Masters update.
· GM Interislander, Thomas Davis, says one of two investigations involving two Interislander Masters stood down after alleged ‘near miss’ incidents earlier this month has been completed, and the other is continuing.
· One of the Masters has been reinstated, Mr Davis said.
· It was important to remember that a report of an incident did not in itself necessarily mean a safety incident had occurred, and investigations needed to be undertaken to prove or disprove an allegation, he said.
· “All allegations are subject to a full safety investigation following our internal protocols. These aim to provide the opportunity for all parties to share incident details to establish if further action is required, and also ensure staff are treated appropriately throughout the investigation process.
· “For this reason no personal information about the Masters will be provided,” Mr Davis said.
· Mr Davis said as each investigation was completed the results would be provided to, and reviewed by, Maritime New Zealand which would then decide if they would carry out further investigations.