Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


Mediaworks Group Chief Executive Steps Down

MEDIA RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Wednesday 2 July, 2014

Mediaworks Group Chief Executive Steps Down

MediaWorks Group Chief Executive Officer, Sussan Turner has resigned after 30 years with the company.

Ms Turner has headed New Zealand’s largest media organisation for four-and-a-half years, and guided the company through last year’s receivership and debt restructuring.

Announcing Ms Turner’s resignation today, MediaWorks Chair Rod McGeoch praised her performance.

“Sussan has successfully navigated the company through one of its most challenging times,” he says. “We’ve come out the other side with a restored balance sheet and a stellar trading performance across the Group this year.”

Mr McGeoch says the company is now in far better shape.

“Sussan has been an integral part of the business for many years. She has built up an excellent team and will be sorely missed by her staff.”

Sussan Turner began her radio career as a cadet journalist in Dunedin in 1984 and rose to become Managing Director of Radio Otago, a publicly listed company, before she was 30. Through ownership changes, amalgamations and acquisitions, she has effectively worked continuously for the same company for her whole career.

“I have had a wonderful career in the media business,” Turner said today. “It has been an honour and a privilege to lead MediaWorks. This company is blessed with wonderful staff, who are creative, passionate and determined. I wish them, the shareholders, and the Board all the very best.”

Ms Turner said she was looking forward to her first real break from work, and will consider future career opportunities after that.

She heads overseas on a planned family holiday this week, and will leave MediaWorks in August.

Mr McGeoch said the Board is actively seeking a replacement.

- ends -


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Court Ruling: Kiwifruit NZ Ordered To Consider Collaborative Marketing Proposals

The High Court has told kiwifruit marketer Zespri to reconsider collaborative marketing proposals from Splice Fruit and Seeka Kiwifruit to sell fruit offshore that its board had previously rejected. More>>

ALSO:

Electric Vehicles: No Road User Charges Feature In Govt Package

Drivers of electric vehicles won't have to pay road user charges and will be allowed to drive in bus lanes as part of a new government plan to double EV numbers annually to a target 64,000 by 2021. More>>

ALSO:

Pre-Budget: Computer Emergency Response Team, Assemble!

John Key told the country's first ever Cyber Security Summit in Auckland that the government had earmarked funding set up a national Computer Emergency Response Team to help prevent and act on cyber incidents in partnership with the private sector and other organisations. More>>

ALSO:

Job Cutter Goes: Mark Weldon To Step Down As MediaWorks CEO

“When I joined MediaWorks in August 2014, I had a mandate to lead a significant change programme to bring the business back from receivership into a position where it could once again be a strong competitor in the market, with a sound and sustainable future. It was a big brief, laden with inherent challenges, but I took it in good faith and have dedicated myself fully to the goal since." More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Business
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news