Aratere daily media update 4/7/14
• Dive survey completed – all in order
• All steering gear checks completed
• ‘Leak down’ test passed.
Friday 4 July:
• Inspect and test navigational and communications systems
• Lifesaving and fire-fighting equipment checks continue.
• Preparation of passenger areas continue.
• Safety drills and safety audits continue.
• Harbour manoeuvring trials continue
Proposed schedule Saturday 5th
July through to Monday 7th July inclusive:
• Lifesaving and firefighting equipment checks continue.
• Safety drills and Maritime New Zealand inspections taking place.
• Preparation of passenger areas continues.
Next update will be on Monday 7 July
• A trial return sailing
Wellington – Picton is planned but timing is not yet
confirmed. It will be subject to all the above audits,
checks and tests.
• The first freight sailing is also dependent on the audits, checks and tests. The Aratere will resume this service when the ship is ready and not before.
• All freight customer needs are currently being met using the Arahura and Kaitaki.