Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


MH17 Incident – Australia/New Zealand Media Statement

MEDIA RELEASE

MH17 Incident – Australia/New Zealand Media Statement Released 22 July 2014

Malaysia Airlines confirms it is operating all scheduled flights to and from Australia and New Zealand as normal and is grateful for the support of travel agents and passengers during this difficult time.

The company reiterates that the Malaysian Government, the majority shareholder in Malaysia Airlines, is committed to ensuring the airline’s long term future as its national carrier.

“We are determined to rebuild trust in Malaysia Airlines as one of the best full-service carriers in the world and we appreciate the support of travel agencies, passengers and our valued employees,” said Mr Lee Poh Kait, Regional Senior Vice President, Australia, New Zealand & South-west Pacific.

“The Australasian region is our main market outside of Malaysia. As a result of increased demand, we boosted capacity from Australia and New Zealand in February 2014 by a third, with a sleek new fleet of the latest A330 aircraft and an AUD$800 million investment in new aircraft time,” he added.

There are now 81 flights a week direct to Malaysia with Kuala Lumpur as the hub to more than 80 destinations worldwide. Malaysia Airlines operates the state of the art A380 on services to London and Paris.

Malaysia Airlines flights to and from Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide, Darwin and Auckland will operate as per normal schedule.

Malaysia Airlines deeply regrets the loss of MH17 and our prayers and thoughts are with the families and loved ones.

The families may contact +603 7884 1234.

For media queries, kindly contact +603 8777 5698/ +603 8787 1276.

Please also log on to www.malaysiaairlines.com for updates.

-Ends-


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Facades And Parapets: $3 Million Fund To Help Make Wellington’s Buildings Safer

Wellington’s Mayor Justin Lester welcomes today’s announcement from the Government of a $3 million fund to assist Wellington building owners to secure unreinforced masonry on their buildings and says it will go a long way to keeping people safe in future earthquakes. More>>

ALSO:

Real Estate: Housing Prices Head South In Most Of NZ

Housing became more affordable for first home buyers in many parts of the country including Auckland last month, as falling prices more than offset rising mortgage interest rates. More>>

ALSO:

Cosmetics & Pollution: Proposal To Ban Microbeads

Cosmetic products containing microbeads will be banned under a proposal announced by the Minister for the Environment today. Marine scientists have been advocating for a ban on the microplastics, which have been found to quickly enter waterways and harm marine life. More>>

ALSO:

NIWA: 2016 New Zealand’s Warmest Year On Record

Annual temperatures were above average (0.51°C to 1.20°C above the annual average) throughout the country, with very few locations observing near average temperatures (within 0.5°C of the annual average) or lower. The year 2016 was the warmest on record for New Zealand, based on NIWA’s seven-station series which begins in 1909. More>>

ALSO:

Farewell 2016: NZ Economy Flies Through 2016's Political Curveballs

Dec. 23 (BusinessDesk) - New Zealand's economy batted away some curly political curveballs of 2016 to end the year on a high note, with its twin planks of a booming construction sector and rampant tourism soon to be joined by a resurgent dairy industry. More>>

ALSO:

NZ Economy: More Growth Than Expected In 3rd Qtr

Dec. 22 (BusinessDesk) - New Zealand's economy grew at a faster pace than expected in the September quarter as a booming construction sector continued to underpin activity, spilling over into related building services, and was bolstered by tourism and transport ... More>>

  • NZ Govt - Solid growth for NZ despite fragile world economy
  • NZ Council of Trade Unions - Government needs to ensure economy raises living standards
  • Get More From Scoop

     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    Business
    Search Scoop  
     
     
    Powered by Vodafone
    NZ independent news