Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 


What is most important for Kiwis when hiring a campervan?

What is most important for Kiwis when hiring a campervan? – NZ Industry Report and Survey

FIRST, a New Zealand based leading digital marketing agency has just released a new industry report showing how visible New Zealand’s campervan and motorhome providers are within Google’s Search Engine. Additionally, a consumer survey was carried out, discovering that 22.01% of Kiwis surveyed have already hired a campervan or motorhome. But what would encourage the other 77.99% of respondents to hire a campervan?

By utilising their bespoke metric called RBR (Rankings Based Reach) FIRST revealed that Maui leads the RBR for the analysed search terms – followed by Apollo Camper and Britz.

The campervan and motorhome market is highly competitive and bigger players are capturing big proportion of the demand thanks to prominent organic and paid search presence. In contrast, smaller players will need sustained focus if they want to compete online.

According to a NZ tourism industry report (12/2012), international visitors hired nearly 54,000 campervans during 2011, and stayed an average of 16.8 days. In this period they have spent a total of $447.9 million in New Zealand. But also the numbers for domestic residents hiring a campervan are high and reach 10,220 renting during the same period, and stayed on average for 8.9 days and spent a total of $38.1 million outside their home regions. It’s likely that these numbers increase as also the Google Trends show an increase of search volume for the search term “campervan hire nz”. Companies that manage to improve their online visibility can significantly increase their sales.

Moreover, FIRST discovered what the driving force for most respondents was, who have hired a campervan or motorhome from a provider. Manly it was defined by the good price, but also the reputation and the awareness of the provider mattered. Moreover, the respondents answered that “late model vehicles” such as “additional info” (e.g. Touring Routes) were not that important when considering to hire a campervan or motorhome.

If you are interested to know what consumers want and what campervan/motorhome providers should do to increase their bookings, download this free campervan industry report here which might be a push for you to reconsider your current digital strategy and adapt your products or services according to your customer needs discovered in the report.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Genetics: New Heat Tolerant Cow Developed

Hamilton, New Zealand-based Dairy Solutionz Ltd has led an expert genetics team to develop a new dairy cow breed conditioned to thrive in lower elevation tropical climates and achieve high milk production under heat stress. More>>

Scoop Business: NZ Net Migration Rises To Annual Record In September

New Zealand’s annual net migration rose to a record in September, beating government forecasts, as the inflow was spurred by student arrivals from India and Kiwis returning home from Australia. More>>

ALSO:

Scoop Business: Fletcher To Close Its Christchurch Insulation Plant, Cut 29 Jobs

Fletcher Building, New Zealand’s largest listed company, will close its Christchurch insulation factory, as it consolidates its Tasman Insulations operations in a “highly competitive market”. More>>

ALSO:

Scoop Business: Novartis Adds Nine New Treatments Under Pharmac Deal

Novartis New Zealand, the local unit of the global pharmaceuticals firm, has added nine new treatments in a far-ranging agreement with government drug buying agency, Pharmac. More>>

ALSO:

Crown Accounts: English Wary On Tax Take, Could Threaten Surplus

Finance Minister Bill English is warning the tax take may come in below forecast in the current financial year, as figures released today confirm it was short by nearly $1 billion in the year to June 30 and English warned of the potential impact of slumping receipts from agricultural exports. More>>

ALSO:

Auckland Outage: Power Mostly Restored Overnight

Vector wishes to advise that all but 324 customers have been restored overnight. These customers are spread throughout the network in small pockets. The main St Johns feeder was restored around midnight allowing most of the customers in all affected areas to have power this morning. More>>

ALSO:

Half Empty: Dairy Prices Drop To Lowest Since August 2009

Dairy product prices fell to the lowest level in more than five years in the latest GlobalDairyTrade auction, led by declines in butter milk powder and whole milk powder. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 
 
Standards New Zealand

Standards New Zealand

Mosh Social Media
 
More RSS  RSS
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Business
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news