Click for big version.
NZ Online Retail Sales: Monthly update and Quarterly in-depth report
Please find attached BNZ’s latest report on the NZ Online Retail Sales.
This is our 8-page
quarterly report, which contains a more in depth suite of
charts and analysis than our monthly updates.
We have also attached an updated set of info-graphics (2 picture files, slightly different layouts).
• New Zealand’s total online retail spending in July was up 7% on July last year.
• Purchases from overseas sites were up 11% on July last year.
• Online purchases from domestic merchants were up 5% on July last year.
• The online sales split between domestic and international merchants was 59% / 41% in the month of July. Looking at 12 monthly totals, international merchants have made a 2% gain in market share over the past year.
• For the 12 months to 30 June 2014, online retail sales across the categories we monitor represented 6.2% of official retail sales reported by Statistics New Zealand.
• If we exclude the grocery and liquor sectors from both the official retail figures and our Index, online spending is equivalent to around 9.5% of traditional retail sales.