Kawerau Enterprise Agency Launch New Business Initiative
Kawerau Enterprise Agency Has Launched a New Business Initiative Designed to Help Businesses And Social Enterprises Succeed And Grow.
Kawerau X Incubate is a 10 week programme where participants will receive business coaching, mentoring and training modules to build business capability. The programme will be held in Kawerau.
Executive Director of Kawerau Enterprise Agency Helen Stewart said she was excited to be offering a programme that would make a real difference to local business owners and charitable organisations.
“Running a business can be tough. It can be difficult for business owners to find the time to work on their business rather than in it. But business planning can make a significance difference to not only a business’s bottom line but the work-life balance of the business owner,” she said.
“The participants of the programme will benefit from the coaching and training to set goals, implement actions and increase overall business success through business planning,” Miss Stewart said.
“For Kawerau to have a thriving and vibrant community we need to further enhance the culture of improvement and support. Incubate will help the participants come together to share successes and challenges and support each other through them.”
“It’s not only the participants that will benefit from the programme. If we can get existing organisations to be more successful and grow it will create new jobs for the people that live here,” she said.
At the end of the programme participants may be eligible to receive additional business development training and one-on-one business coaching.
“This is the first step to help businesses learn the skills to become more successful. If participants make real progress and can take their business to the next level we will consider funding more intensive business training or additional business coaching,” said Miss Stewart.
Incubate founder and facilitator Darren McGarvie helps businesses set and implement strategic plans in his own business McGarvie Business Coaching. The programme was first designed for Rotorua X, a Rotorua networking group with the mission to connect, educate and inspire Rotorua businesses to launch and grow.
“Incubation is key to help more people launch and grow businesses and social enterprises. Over ninety percent of New Zealand businesses are small businesses with less than six employees and they all start with one person having an idea,” Mr McGarvie said.
“By helping small businesses develop robust business planning and goal setting skills we can give them the best opportunity to succeed and grow.”
“In Rotorua we have already had a couple of people finish the programme and the feedback was really positive. We have another Incubate programme starting in Rotorua and we look forward to bringing Incubate to Kawerau,” he said.
Local organisations are invited to register their interest in the programme by Monday 22 September. To register send your name, details of your organisation and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kawerau X Incubate includes:
• 3 Entrepreneur sessions where in a facilitated discussion business owners share their challenges, celebrate their successes, and support each other to achieve their business goals and dreams
• 5 Mastery Modules provide training in business essentials such as planning, marketing and employment presented by experienced, local professionals recognised as leaders in their field
• 3 Coaching sessions to set goals, actions and plans for business success.
About facilitator Darren McGarvie:
• Darren has had a long and successful career helping businesses develop by working in a number of corporate roles, primarily in the financial services sector. These roles allowed him to work with a broad range of business people from farmers to entrepreneurs to large corporate entities and local government.
• He has also started businesses in IT, construction and entertainment industries, allowing him to understand from a personal perspective the challenges of entrepreneurship and sustaining successful businesses.
• Darren’s passion for entrepreneurship, business education and successful business leadership, motivated him to help establish ‘Rotorua X’. This has become a leading networking forum in Rotorua.
• Darren has received many awards for his professional abilities, including 2012 Chamber of Commerce Emerging Business Person of the Year and the 2013 Institute of Directors Aspiring Director Award.