Blackmores Supports Arthritis New Zealand
Media Release September 2014 TAPs: PP5527 - A JOINT EFFORT! BLACKMORES SUPPORTS ARTHRITIS NEW ZEALAND
Arthritis is the single biggest cause of disability in New Zealand, with over 530,000 Kiwis living with the condition. More people in New Zealand have arthritis than diabetes and heart disease put together!
Often mistakenly perceived as a disease related to elderly people only, arthritis affects New Zealanders of all age; there are over one thousand children and young people in New Zealand with arthritis.
Blackmores is proud to support Arthritis New Zealand. A company with New Zealander’s health and well-being at heart, Blackmores is committed to raising awareness for this worthy cause and donating a portion of product sales to support the organisation’s important mission.
“Supporting and giving back to the community has always been at the heart of what Blackmores stands for. Arthritis can strike at any age, and we are extremely proud to have worked with Arthritis NZ for many years supporting the amazing work they do helping those who live with this often debilitating condition.” Carla Rawson: Blackmores Senior Brand Manager
Blackmores donate 5% of sales from every purchase of select products endorsed with the Arthritis New Zealand orange gerbera.
Arthritis key facts:
• Arthritis is a serious health condition with no known cure
• More than half a million people are affected by arthritis during their lifetime
• 25,440 New Zealanders will not be able to work this year due to their arthritis
• Children get arthritis too
• Women get arthritis more than men
• There are more than 100 different types of arthritis
• Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis
• Sports and other injuries can lead to arthritis
SEPTEMER ARTHRITIS AWARENESS MONTH:
Volunteers will be out in force around the country collecting donations during Arthritis Appeal Week, September 23-29.
ARTHRITIS NEW ZEALAND: www.arthritis.org.nz
BLACKMORES SOCIAL MEDIA INITIATIVE: