Mighty Ape takes out top gongs
Mighty Ape takes out top gongs at Westpac Auckland North Awards
· Mighty Ape judged Supreme Business Excellence Award at Westpac North Awards
· Company also took away Excellence in Customer Service Delivery category
· Site is New Zealand’s no.1 most popular online retailer for purchasing and New Zealand’s largest online shopping site for consumer products (2014 Nielsen report)
· Auckland based 7,000m2 office and distribution centre stocking over 300,000 products
New Zealand’s largest online shopping site, Mighty Ape, was last night recognised for its superior service to its over 250,000 Australasian customers when it took out top honours at the Westpac North Awards 2014.
Not only did the e-retailer win the overall Supreme Award for business excellence, but it also came up trumps in the Customer Service Delivery category. Adding being recognised as New Zealand’s number one site for online purchasing in the same year is no small feat.
Company founder Simon Barton is particularly thrilled with the wins, as the company has placed customer service as one of its core drivers since inception.
“We have always chosen to focus on service and the overall customer experience from order through to delivery. For us it is about getting it right the first time and investing in local support – both on and offline - that deliver long-term value for our customers.”
“Our pricing is of course very competitive, but long-term it is also about leading the online space with innovations like the same-day delivery option recently opened up to over 70 per cent of Kiwis (Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland). We maintain that this is what makes us more nimble and reliable than our international and often faceless competitors.”
Not content to rest on its laurels, Mighty Ape plans further grand developments in the next 6 months, including launching into new categories that complement its current mix of gaming, books, DVDs, toys, home & living, clothing, electronics and baby categories among others.
About the Westpac Auckland Business Awards:
The Awards celebrate excellence in seven areas of business performance – Innovation, Exporting, Customer Service Delivery, Best Emerging Business, Marketing, Business Leadership, and Strategy and Planning.
2014 categories included:
· Westpac Supreme Business Excellence Award
· Excellence in Customer Service Delivery, sponsored by Babcock (NZ) Limited
· Best Emerging Business, sponsored by Spark Business
· Excellence in Strategy and Planning, sponsored by RSM Prince
· Excellence in Business Leadership, sponsored by Partners Life
· Excellence in Innovation, sponsored by Massey University
· Excellence in Exporting, sponsored by Ports of Auckland
· Excellence in Marketing, sponsored by Soar Printing