Crowdfunding the Peace Foundation’s expansion: 7 days to go
Crowdfunding the Peace Foundation’s expansion: 7 days to go...
Our Vision for a Peaceful
A global network of people with peer mediation skills, working together to resolve conflict in our homes, schools and communities. Imagine how it could reduce war and aggression around our world.
In the next week we will launch one of the most important Peace Foundation projects in our 41 years – to fund the Peace Foundation expansion of its flagship 'Peer Mediation Training'.
This is a crowdfunding project to provide Peer Mediation Training to an additional 160 schools whilst maintaining the 80 we are currently engaged with.
The realization of the project will enable us to take on a further two full time trainers to deliver our peer mediation trainings to schools across the country, and it will allow us also to improve dramatically the online resources we provide to schools, workplaces and to the public, on practical ways to reduce conflict through peer mediation.
This will equip us with the people power to pursue our ultimate goal of 'Peer Mediation Training' programmes in every school in New Zealand.
This has been our dream for the last year, and finally we can see the launch. It is an exciting step forward for Peace Education in our society.
We are preparing a high level, far reaching campaign to launch on July 7th so we have 7 days to go. We’d love your help!
Here are five easy ways you can help prepare the ground for this initiative:
1. Invite all your friends to like our Facebook page. Could we double the likes before the start of the crowdfunding campaign ?
2. Take a photo - “ Peer mediation in schools is cool ! ” - and help show the world what an amazing global network of peer mediators we have created through the work of The Peace Foundation.
3. Join our social media team: gift 1-2 hours a week to help the campaign soar. Email Koralee Swete firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know more. (To offer our gratitude for your support we will give you free access to our crowdfunding gifts including attending a special ProPeaceWork training workshop put on by Christina and the team towards the end of 2016/early 2017).
4. Dream Big with us. Imagine Peer Mediation in every school in New Zealand. Imagine at least 1000 Kiwis leaving school each year with these skills to take into their communities, whanau and workplace, here in Aotearoa NZ and abroad.
5. Who do you know that would like to see peer mediation thriving in all New Zealand schools. Please reach out to them to share our campaign, and its launch date on 7 July. We are all thinking of people around the world who are working to make a difference, and would want to support what we are doing. We’d love your help with that. Thank you!
There is nothing greater than working for the realisation of our dreams. A major step in positive transformation of education in NZ Aotearoa, involves giving every child the Peer Mediation toolkit to defuse conflict s/he comes across. Join us to make this future come about!
With gratitude for your support in Partnership for
The Peace Foundation team – Alessandra, Annie, Cherie, Christina, Christopher, Clara, Koralee, Karen, Laurie, Lisa, Lucy and Samantha.