NZ Online Retail Sales - Update for June 2016
5 of 40
NZ Online Retail Sales
- Update for June 2016 and a look at the initial 'Brexit'
• Total online sales were up 10% on last June.
• Online retail sales at local sites turned in double digit growth again - up 10% on June last year.
• Growth in online purchases by Kiwi’s from offshore sites remains strong (up 9% on June last year), but the growth rate has been softening in recent months.
• Online spending by Kiwis at UK sites surged in the week immediately following the ‘Brexit’ referendum held on 23 June (UK time). It was up 47% compared to the same week a year earlier.