Nielsen: Homes.co.nz Bites At Heels Of Trademe Property
According to Nielsen, last week Homes.co.nz produced over 20% of the page views achieved by New Zealand's largest property website Trademe Property, or 35% of Realestate.co.nz. This, just 7 months after quietly launching nationwide.
Here's our story of growth to 1.5 million page views a week with only a handful of listings, and next to no advertising. If this is of interest, I'd love to give you details.
HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED:
1. We were first to take sales
histories, estimated values and council records for 1.6
Million homes and give them away for free - on what we
thought was a pretty slick user interface.
2. That's approximately $2.5M of data viewed daily. Based on Qv.co.nz e-valuer pricing.
3. People talked about Homes.co.nz. Just under half of all new users come to Homes.co.nz by referral.
17 STORIES IN A MONTH:
We've had incredible support from the journalism community who have leveraged our data for 17 stories in the last month.
So, Thank You for your support! Seriously, thanks.
We've uncovered a genuine desire for people to research a home; this is beyond just listings. We're creating a bunch of new features with the support of a range of new partners. We'll keep building free tools that help New Zealand understand the value of a home; even as the Goliath's try to copy what we do (watch this space).
Some Quick Fun Facts From Recent Stories
1. Auckland Double
Grammar Zone: $1.78M average sale price this year.
2. First Home Buyers need $179,000 for a deposit in Auckland central. $74,000 in Christchurch.
3. The average value of a waterfront home within close proximity to Auckland is now $4.69M.