363ha dairy farm boasts solid income and extensive set of properties
One of the Waikato's biggest dairy farm operations has been placed on the market for sale.
Aylesbury Farm, at 487 Old Te Aroha Road, Matamata, produced more than 370,000kg of milk solids for Fonterra last season and would provide prospective buyers with a solid income.
The 363ha property holds six titles, is a mixture of rolling and flat land and is bordered by a river.
At the hub of the dairy operation are two 40-aside cow sheds - one with an in-shed meal feeding system, and the other with feed pad - and a full range of farm buildings suitable for calf-rearing and storage.
The farm comes with a history of consistent fertilizer applications, quality soils and a re-grassing programme, ensuring healthy pastures and future productivity.
Bayleys sales agent Sam Troughton said: "Aylesbury Farm will be of interest to serious investors. It is well subdivided with access to an efficient all-weather race system, which makes management a breeze.”
With the dairy sector rebounding and Fonterra recently raising its farm gate milk price to its highest point in two years, Aylesbury Farm is a good proposition.
The farm infrastructure includes:
• 116 paddocks, predominantly 3ha in size.
• A 40-aside herringbone milking shed supported by a 5-bay half-round lockable barn for calf-rearing and storage, a 2-bay half-round for storage, a calf-rearing shed with capacity for 100 calves and a wool shed that is currently used as a workshop and for storage.
• A second 40-aside herringbone milking shed with De Laval plant plus 400 cow feedpad supported by a 5-bay half-round barn and a 4-bay gable shed for palm kernel and storage.
• A dis-used cowshed with concrete yard and a 4-bay gable haybarn.
Milking is done twice daily and the farm employs a farm manager who has oversight of the livestock and staff. Later in the season, the farm is often milking out of one shed only, which helps reduce labour costs and overheads.
Also included in the sale are three large homes, including a 5-bedroom owner’s residence, a 3-bedroom guest house, and 4-bedroom manager’s house.
The owner’s residence features grandstand views of Matamata, a master bedroom with a private balcony, a high-stud entrance and rimu staircase, an in-ground swimming, a basement games room and three-car garaging with internal access.
The guest house is a modern, board and batten dwelling with floor-to-ceiling windows that make the most of the impressive views and features a master bedroom with ensuite and a family bathroom with separate toilet and laundry.
The manager’s house was fully renovated in 2013 and features a master bedroom with ensuite and walk-in wardrobe, a modern kitchen, generous open-plan living and a swimming pool. It also includes a mud room at the rear and internal access to a double garage.
In addition, the farm boasts:
• A three-bedroom assistant manager’s house with spacious open-plan living areas, a recently upgraded kitchen and a detached single garage with workshop space.
• A three-bedroom staff house with open-plan living and dining areas and a detached single garage with workshop and storage space.
• A three-bedroom cottage with an open-plan kitchen, dining area and lounge and a detached double garage with a concrete floor.
The farm itself is well situated in the middle of New Zealand’s most prosperous dairy farming areas and is close to amenities and schools, including the highly rated Bethlehem College and St Peter’s.
It is close to the town of Matamata and within easy commute of Tauranga. The tender closes at 4pm on Thursday, November 24 at 41 Arawa Street, Matamata.
For more details, please contact the agent, Sam Troughton, on 0274 800 836 or 07 881 9292.