2016 Full Year Results
WPP AUNZ Limited | 2016 Full Year Results | Page 1 of 3
24 February 2017
WPP AUNZ LIMITED – 2016 FULL YEAR RESULTS
WPP AUNZ Limited (“WPP AUNZ” “the Group” ASX: WPP), Australasia’s leading marketing content and communications group, today announced its financial results for the year ended 31 December 2016.
• Achieved guidance range delivering $141.6m profit before interest and tax.
• Increase in final dividend to 3.9 cents giving a full year dividend of 6.0 cents (up 5%).
• Completion of WPP plc and STW Group merger, and rebrand to WPP AUNZ Limited with combined net sales of A$865 million.
• Merger integration in line with expectations, strong agency engagement, reinforced leadership team structure, momentum to achieve identified cost efficiencies in 2017.
• New Executive Council in place to deliver closer oversight and local control of operating companies.
Current Trading and Outlook
• Momentum through a number of new business wins in the final quarter of 2016, across all business segments.
• Driving organic growth through winning market share and driving cost efficiencies.
• Expect to deliver mid-single digit growth in earnings per share for the full year 2017.
|Key Measures||31 Dec 2015||31 Dec 2016||Change|
|Profit before interest and tax||$136.9m||$141.6m||+3.5%|
|Net sales margin||16.0%||16.4%||+0.4%|
|EPS (cents per share)||9.2 cents||9.5 cents||+4.1%|
|Final dividend (fully franked)||3.6||3.9 cents||+8.3%|
|Total dividend||5.7 cents||6.0 cents||+5.3%|
|Leverage ratio (debt/EBITDA)||2.5x||1.9x||Driven by strong cash conversion - Hit target range|