Entries open for the 2017 Hawke’s Bay Tourism Awards
20 June 2017
Entries are now open for the 2017 Hawke’s Bay Tourism Awards
Entries for the 2017 Hawke’s Bay Tourism Awards are now open.
These awards recognise the best tourism businesses and experiences in Hawke’s Bay. This is an opportunity for tourism providers to put themselves out there, to be judged by some seriously smart people and be recognised for their efforts amongst other tourism operators.
· Accommodation Award– this category showcases the best places to stay in the region. There will be a “Small Accommodation” and a “Large Accommodation” category.
· Visitor Experience Award – this Award is about awarding those who give the best visitor experience.
· Innovation Award– this new Award category is about recognising businesses that have introduced a new product or service within their existing business.
· Essence of Hawke’s Bay Award– this is a new award – entrants will be asked to showcase what they think makes the experience they offer, quintessentially Hawke’s Bay. This is open to restaurants, wineries, tourism providers, tour guides, personalities and events.
All category winners will be judged for the Supreme Award.
“The People’s Choice” award, sponsored by The Hits Radio Station is back by popular demand. Members of the public will be able to vote for their favourite tourism business.
Hawke’s Bay Tourism General Manager, Annie Dundas, said “the Hawke’s Bay Tourism Awards are an excellent opportunity for local tourism operators to really scrutinize and review their businesses and take advantage of advice given by leading tourism figures.”
In 2016 Takaro Trails won the Supreme award, owner Jenny Ryan had the following to say; “One of the key benefits of the Tourism Awards comes from simply entering. It provides a reason to pause, reflect, and really take stock of where your business is at, what has worked, what hasn’t, where from here etc. As busy people, we can run the risk of getting caught up in operational issues and just lurch from one season to the next with no real plan for the future. Not good. So I really enjoy having the judges come into my business with fresh eyes and advice as we can get too close at times and start missing the obvious. To get the perspective and guidance from experienced people for FREE is an opportunity any business owner or manager would be mad not to exploit! Winning the Supreme Award was of course a huge personal thrill for me and a real bonus for Takaro Trails in terms of reputation and exposure, but I’m sincere when I say there’s a ‘win’ for everyone who makes the effort to enter, so just get to it!”
The entry process is rigorous and includes entrants completing a comprehensive questionnaire and presenting their business plan. Entries are then judged by an independent panel made up of Oscar Nathan GM Destination Rotorua, Liz Read Director Reputation Matters, Wayne Walford CEO Chamber of Commerce in Hawke’s Bay and Fenton Wilson Hawke’s Bay Regional Councillor and Hawke’s Bay Tourism Board Member.
businesses can enter here
The Hawke’s Bay Tourism Awards are proudly sponsored by;
Hawke’s Bay Tourism Supreme Award – sponsored by
EIT Hawke’s Bay
Accommodation Award sponsored by Central Linen Service
Visitor Experience Award sponsored by Hastings District Council
The Innovation Award sponsored by Napier City Council
The Essence of Hawke’s Bay Award sponsored by Indelible
The People’s Choice Award – sponsored by The Hits
· ENTRIES OPEN: Monday June 12th
· ENTRIES CLOSE: Friday July 7th, 5:00pm
· WINNER ANNOUNCED: Thursday 24th August