NEWMARKET BUSINESS AWARD WINNERS ANNOUNCED FOR 2017
Friday, 23 June, 2017 - Auckland, New Zealand
Thursday 22nd June saw the Newmarket precinct come together at The Langham and celebrate the prestigious 2017 annual Newmarket Business Awards, hosted by the Newmarket Business Association (NBA), with major sponsors Bayley’s and Continental Cars.
This year’s independent judging panel included business leaders Andy Hamilton (Icehouse), Anne Norman (James Pascoe Group), Anthony Hoy Fong (Chef), Jayne Atherton (Business Editor, Sunday Star Times - Fairfax), Michael Barnett (Auckland Chamber of Commerce), Michelle Vogt (Mint Consulting), Stewart Sherriff (2degrees) and Wynnis Armour (Armour Consulting). Sponsor judges included Rachel Dovey from Bayleys, and Steve Beaumont from Continental Cars. The guest speaker for the event was Jenene Crossan of NZ Girl and Flossie fame.
NBA’s CEO, Mark Knoff-Thomas says the Newmarket business scene is thriving, “We always love these awards, as they bring together some of the best we have on offer in Newmarket. With just under 100 entries and 330 attendees who celebrated in typical Newmarket style on the night, this year was our biggest ever!” says Mark.
Michael Holmes Premium Eyewear defended their title as ‘Retailer of the Year’ and Glamour Boutique took home the ‘People’s Choice’ for the second year in a row.
No stranger to receiving accolades, Burger Burger also picked up their fourth Newmarket Business Award by winning Best Bar/Restaurant of the Year three years running.
Now in their sixth year, the Newmarket Business Awards celebrates business excellence and aims to recognise businesses that are maximising their potential and have mastered the art of delivering excellent products and services in the Newmarket area.
The Newmarket Business Excellence Award Winners for 2017:
‘Employer of the Year’ – sponsored by ANZ: The Mind Lab by Unitec
• • ‘Retailer of the Year’ – sponsored by Hayes Knight: Michael Holmes Premium Eyewear
• • ‘International Retailer of the Year’ – sponsored by Westfield Newmarket: CITTÀ
• • ‘Best Innovation of the Year’ – sponsored by Vector: Tech Futures Lab
• • ‘Best Customer Experience’ – sponsored by Recognise & Reward: Glamour Boutique
• • ‘Best Bar/ Restaurant of the Year’ – sponsored by Newmarket Business Association: Burger Burger
• • ‘Best Café of the Year’ – sponsored by Countdown Newmarket: Cali - All Day Eatery
• • ‘Best Small/ Medium Business of the Year’ – sponsored by 2degrees: AML Solutions
• • ‘Best Medium/ Large Business of the Year’ – sponsored by Multi-Media Systems: Vend
• • ‘Young Business Person of the Year’ – sponsored by Rotary Newmarket: Olivia Vincent – Muse Boutique
• • ‘Most Sustainable Business of the Year’ – sponsored by SBM Legal: Wise Cicada
• • ‘Newmarket People’s Choice’ Award 2017: Glamour Boutique
• • ‘Newmarket Supreme Winner’ Award for 2017: Tech Futures Lab
• • ENDS