Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Craggy Range Cellar Door Pop Up whilst refit underway

Friday 13th October

Craggy Range Cellar Door Pop Up whilst refit underway


Craggy Range has announced a major refit project for the Cellar Door and Terroir Restaurant, at the iconic Giants site, under Te Mata Peak.

The first stage of the project is a full refurbishment of the Cellar Door, beginning on Monday 16th October, with the restaurant component to follow over the 2018 winter season.

Craggy Range has designed a ‘pop-up’ Cellar Door to cater for the visitors over this period. The pop-up will be held on the same site at Giants Winery, within the Chardonnay cellar that is not usually open for public viewing. Guests will be able to get a real sense of how the wines are made, tasting through their favourite Craggy Range varietals, within the working winery space.

Craggy Range Cellar Door Manager, Michael Bancks is very much looking forward to seeing the finished results of the new Cellar Door project.
“We have been working with Paul and his team at Izzard over the winter months and I am really excited to see the plans come to fruition. I think the redesign will transform the experience, catering for both casual tastings and more in depth seated tastings,” Michael said.

“The Cellar Door pop-up will be a really fun experience, we will be working from one of our winery spaces, which is usually behind the scenes and not available for the public to view.” Michael continued.

The refurbishment project is led by Paul Izzard, from Izzard Design; as featured as one of the guest judges on The Block NZ.

What you need to know:
Craggy Range Cellar Door is shut 16th - 18th October.
The Craggy Range Pop-Up within the Chardonnay Cellar is open Thursday 19th October – Tuesday 22nd November.
The brand new cellar door will be open from Wednesday 22nd November.

Ends.

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>