Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

HFA and HealthCare Otago sign $144 m contract deal

Media release - Thursday August 5, 1999

HFA and HealthCare Otago sign $144 m contract deal


HealthCare Otago and the Health Funding Authority today finalised the contract for the 1999/2000 financial year, which is worth nearly $145 million.

The contract covers acute and elective surgery, community services, disability support services, and mental health services.

HealthCare Otago Chief Executive, Dr Bill Adam says the contract increases both the volume of services and monies available to do those volumes when compared to last year's base contract. It is an increase in $3.7 million revenue.

This year's agreement does not include funding for Balclutha, Oamaru and Dunstan hospitals, which are now independent trusts and funded separately.

HFA spokesperson Chris Crane says the successful outcome of the contract process was the product of a lot of collaborative work between the HFA and HealthCare Otago.

She says additional volume has been put into high priority services such as ENT, ophthalmology, and orthopedics.

"It has led to a much-improved method of funding, which will ultimately benefit patients wherever they live. What is also especially pleasing is the way all those involved have done their best to work to the tight time frames set for the contracting round," says Chris Crane.


[ends]

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>