Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Motorolo Pleased On Possible Chinese WTO consent

Motorola Applauds Resumption Of Us-Sino Talks On China's Admission To The Wto

Motorola is encouraged that the United States and China have agreed to resume negotiations on China's entry into the World Trade Organization.

Commenting on the outcome of the meeting between the leaders of the two nations at the APEC meeting in Auckland, Motorola Inc.Vice Chairman Gary Tooker said: "Motorola hopes a formal and final agreement can be reached expeditiously to enable China to participate as a full member in the new WTO round, scheduled to begin in Seattle, Washington, on November 30.

"The WTO will be strengthened as an institution with the accession of China - one of the world's major markets.

"Motorola will benefit from the enhanced market access which will result from China's membership. The company has been firmly committed to the Chinese market for many years, and is one of the largest foreign investors in China.

However, WTO membership will further expand the market and provide greater competition within the Chinese economy. There will be increased opportunities for products produced within China and for goods and services imported into China.

"Full membership will serve the people of China through better access to leading-edge technologies from around the world. The opening of markets generated by China's accession to the WTO will attract investment, stimulate economic growth and improve productivity.

"Motorola is committed in its support for China to be granted Permanent Normal Trade Relations Status by the United States and firmly believes the US and all its trading partners will realize major benefits from China's membership in the WTO," Mr Tooker said.

Motorola is a global leader in providing integrated communications solutions and embedded electronic systems and services. Sales in 1998 were US$29.4 billion.

ENDS....

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 

Media Mega Merger: StuffMe Hearing Argues Over Moveable Feast

New Zealand's two largest news publishers are appealing against the Commerce Commission's rejection of the proposal to merge their operations. More>>

Elsewhere:


Approval: Northern Corridor Decision Released

The approval gives the green light to construction of the last link of Auckland’s Western Ring Route, providing an alternative route from South Auckland to the North Shore. More>>

ALSO:


Crown Accounts: $4.1 Billion Surplus

The New Zealand Government has achieved its third fiscal surplus in a row with the Crown accounts for the year ended 30 June 2017 showing an OBEGAL surplus of $4.1 billion, $2.2 billion stronger than last year, Finance Minister Steven Joyce says. More>>

ALSO:

Mycoplasma Bovis: One New Property Tests Positive

The newly identified property... was already under a Restricted Place notice under the Biosecurity Act. More>>

Accounting Scandal: Suspension Of Fuji Xerox From All-Of-Government Contract

General Manager of New Zealand Government Procurement John Ivil says, “FXNZ has been formally suspended from the Print Technology and Associated Services (PTAS) contract and terminated from the Office Supplies contract.” More>>