Wellington Agency Scoops Top Ad Award
Wellington advertising agency, Clemenger BBDO, scooped the top award at one of the premier events on the New Zealand advertising calendar.
The agency's campaign for the TAB was named Best in Show in the ceremony at Auckland's Sheraton Hotel on Thursday night for the annual CAANZ Media Awards.
The awards are run by The Communication Agencies Association, and reward excellence in media planning and strategy for advertising campaigns.
CAANZ executive director Lynne Clifton says this year's winners showed ingenuity and imagination in creating new ways of using media for advertisers to reach consumers.
In the entry named Best in Show, Clemenger BBDO created a television segment called TAB Sports Desk that tied in with the TV3 Sports News, encouraging sports fans to take advantage of the latest news by taking a punt on upcoming events. The campaign meant creating ads at the last minute to tie in with the latest sports news.
Besides winning the Best in Show award, the campaign was named Best Use of Television.
The agency with the most winning campaigns was Saatchi & Saatchi with four.
The full list of
* Best Use of Interactive: MediaCom (for Hugo Boss perfume)
* Best Integrated Media Campaign: Saatchi & Saatchi (for Women's
* Best Use of Out of Home: Colenso BBDO (for TV3)
* Best Use of Press: Saatchi & Saatchi (for Telecom Mobile)
* Best Use of Radio: Saatchi & Saatchi (for Child, Youth & Family)
* Best Smart Media Idea: Saatchi & Saatchi (for TVNZ)
* Best Use of Sponsorship: DDB (for AMI Insurance)
* Best Use of Television: Clemenger BBDO (for the TAB)
There were no winners in three categories: Research, Magazines and Small Budget.
Eighteen campaigns won merit awards and three were highly commended.
The judges praised the high standard of the 110 entries, especially in the categories of television and integrated campaign.
For more information, including case studies of winning campaigns and illustrations, contact Lynne Clifton at (09) 303 0435 or 021 535120
CAANZ is the national body representing New Zealand's advertising and communications agencies.
CAANZ 09 303 0435 WWW.CAANZ.CO.NZ