Place your bids for Team New Zealand
PLACE YOUR BIDS NOW FOR TEAM NEW ZEALAND
New Zealand’s biggest-ever online auction, to raise money for Team New Zealand, is now underway with the first bid placed this morning by Prime Minister Helen Clark.
The Great Team New Zealand Auction was officially opened at a launch function in Auckland where the Prime Minister went on-line to bid for a unique black-hulled sail testing model yacht, donated by Team New Zealand.
The nationwide fundraising initiative is being co-ordinated by Bayleys Realty Group. Principal John Bayley said Team New Zealand would face the best of some massively funded challengers vying for the chance to take the America’s Cup.
“We want to raise as much money as possible to assist Team New Zealand with its efforts to keep the Cup and its benefits in New Zealand,” said Mr Bayley.
Close to 1,500 auction items are up for sale, donated by individuals and organisations around the country. A huge range of products and services are being auctioned, from designer clothing to luxury cruises, to collector items and professional services.
Money raised from the auction will be used to further develop Team New Zealand's two new boats in the lead up to its America’s Cup defence in February.
The Great Team New Zealand Auction runs from Friday September 20 to Friday October 18 2002.
Registering to bid is done through the Team New Zealand web site http://www.teamnewzealand.com. Trade Me will provide the auction system with promotional support from XtraMSN.
Items will be listed for a minimum seven-day period with items, coming onto the site and closing throughout the four-week auction period. It is a ‘no reserve’ auction - with items going on the market from the first bid. The highest previous bid will be displayed on each item and bidders will receive an e-mail alert when their bid has been exceeded, inviting them to bid again.
Items donated include a wide range of services, retail products, travel and accommodation, leisure activities and memorabilia and collectibles.
For more information on the Great Team New Zealand Auction or any of the auction items, please contact Neil Prentice, Communications Manager, Bayleys, phone 09 309 6020 or 025 757 671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Images from this morning's launch function are available upon request. Please contact Andrea Thuell, phone 09 913 1825 or email email@example.com.
Services: Lawyers, accountants, business and investment advisers, doctors, dentists, architects, engineers, property valuers, automotive service companies, signwriters, musicians and others.
Retail: Includes clothing, cameras, appliances, home office, furniture, building products.
Travel and Leisure Items: accommodation, restaurant meals, transport, tickets for adventure activities and attractions, cruises.
Sporting memorabilia: rugby, cricket, racing, yachting
· Lord of the Rings memorabilia of the characters Frodo and Sam signed by the actors, Elijah Wood and Sean Astin.
· Seat in television commentary box for NPC and Warriors games.
· Double Platinum Album signed by Neil & Tim Finn
· Lunch for two with Winston Peters at the Beehive.
· Tea for 6 with Her Excellency Dame Silvia Cartwright at Government House, including a tour.
· Walk-on “extra” roles on Mercy Peak, Street Legal and Shortland Street.
· A day with the Auckland Blues.
· Ride with World Marathon Rally Champion Joe McAndrew.
· A 2,000 year old coin (a drachno).
· Trip to Melbourne as a special guest of Greg Murphy and “hot laps” at the Kmart Racing Team’s sponsor day.
· A "Welcome to Wellington" package from Her Worship the Mayor Kerry Prendergast.
· Rugby balls and jerseys personally signed by All Black captains
· Private movie screening for up to 150 people in the Marlborough region.
· Fully catered corporate box at WestpacTrust stadium in Wellington for Super 12 Game, 2003, and at Eden Park for a Black Caps V India one-day International.
· A day out on The World of ResidenSea, described as the world’s most luxurious ship, as guest of the Captain to watch one of the America's Cup races in February.
· A pot of Estee Lauder's crème de la mer hand-made face cream which currently retails for around $3,000 for a 500 ml container.