Racing Once Again Postponed Due To Heavy Winds
AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
OCTOBER 26, 2002
RACING ONCE AGAIN POSTPONED DUE TO HEAVY WINDS
Another postponement today for all the teams on the Hauraki Gulf due to the adverse weather conditions. Already yesterday the strong winds forced the Race Committee to cancel racing due to the high winds. Today the teams left the dock on time but had to wait on the water until 2 pm when the Committee announced the postponement. An extended low pressure system is crossing the area and strong winds are forecasted also for the next few days. Weather permitting, racing will resume tomorrow with Flight 3 of Round Robin Two.
CALENDAR FOR TOMORROW - OCTOBER 27
FLIGHT 3 OF ROUND ROBIN TWO - Off Oracle BMW Racing USA 76
Match 1 Luna Rossa ITA 74 versus
Le Defi FRA 69
Match 2 Alinghi SUI 64 versus Mascalzone Latino ITA 72
Match 3 Stars & Stripes USA 66 versus Orm SWE 73 *
Match 4 Wight Lightning GBR 70 versus OneWorld USA 67
* Match broadcasted live on TV.