Forget M.I.L.K -"Moments" Art Now in Viaduct
"Moments at the America's Cup" is a visual arts programme, organised by America's Cup 2003 sponsor Cialis, designed to bring to life the unique setting and excitement of one of the world's premier events through the creativity of local New Zealand artists.
The "Moments" programme was inspired by the opportunity to bring the Cialis brand to life through the surroundings of the America's Cup and Auckland's landscape. Located at the Waitemata Plaza in the American Express Viaduct Harbour the "Moments" art collection is set up so the public can watch artists as they paint their creations. An interactive component lets the public email an eCard featuring finished artworks to family and friends all over the world.
Four artists studios have been set up for the local artists to paint his / her themed painting. One studio has been set up centrally to activate the consumer eCard programme and to display the artwork as it is completed.
Introducing the Artists and Schedule This Week
February 18 - 21
1. Paul Deacon was born in England and his interest in marine painting was fired by the sight of tall ship races along the Dart River. He joined the Merchant Navy, progressing quickly to mate's position on vessels trading around all of Northern Europe and on the West Coast of Africa. This led to an ability to depict a wide variety of vessels and their relative surroundings under all weather conditions.
2. Jovian Parry is an up-and-coming New Zealand artist. At 18 years old, he has been a professional artist for only a matter of months, but already his work is in high demand with offers to exhibit his paintings from several leading galleries in Whangarei, Paihia and Russell.
3. Jenny Bennett [nee McLellan} was born in Hastings in 1950. After studying at Otago and Auckland Universities she moved to Whangarei and began painting. In recent years her sole focus has been landscape. Her works evoke a sense of people as well as place as they are a personal visual record of journeys to remote parts of New Zealand.
February 22 - 25
1. Barry Read has exhibited original paintings and film works. His works are held in private and public collections. Having previously worked for TVNZ, he travelled to Britain in 1980 to work with BBCtv design in London. He now works as a freelance artist/designer.
2. Barry Ross Smith creates a rapport with the viewer by playing with our reminiscences. Creating icons from our shared Kiwi past, the beach, the bach, the farm but mostly the people. We can identify with these characters as family, friends or someone we know. Barry exhibits in a number of galleries, teaches and can often be found painting in the Auckland Art Gallery.
Cialis(tm) (tadalafil), the new oral treatment for erectile dysfunction (ED) is pleased to be an official sponsor of the America's Cup 2003. Recently launched in New Zealand, Australia and a number of European countries, Cialis is an important step forward in the treatment of ED. With a 36-hour period of effectiveness, Cialis offers a man and his partner the freedom to choose the moments that are right for intimacy.
"Cialis(tm) is a Prescription Medicine containing tadalafil tablets 10mg & 20mg for the treatment of erection problems in men. Do not use when taking nitrate for angina. Caution for men with diagnosed heart disease. Caution in liver and kidney disease or medical conditions which predispose to persistent erection. Possible side effects are headache, dyspepsia, back & muscle pain, blocked nose and flushing. Use strictly as directed and if symptoms persist or you have side effects see your doctor. A charge applies© 2003. Eli Lilly Auckland."
Innovanet is an Auckland based web development company with a strong focus on the visual arts in New Zealand. Formed in early 2001 Innovanet has spent the last two years developing and growing the Artfind.co.nz website and more recently "Virtual Curator", an online cataloguing and web publishing services for artists and galleries.
The eCard component of the project has been built using Innovanet's Virtual Curator platform. The website http://moments.artfind.co.nz allows visitors to the Moments studio at Waitemata Plaza to preview the completed artworks, select an artwork of their choice, and send an eCard from inside the artist studio.
Insight. Ideas. Impact. www.porternovelli.co.nz