Venue change for Auckland City Music in Parks
8 December 2003
Venue change for Auckland City Music in Parks concerts
Auckland City is changing the venue for its Music in Parks Winter Gardens concert series commencing Sunday 4 January 2003.
All Winter Gardens concerts will now be held at the Band Rotunda, also located at the Auckland Domain. Signs will be posted at the Winter Gardens to advise of the venue change.
The change of venue is due to Auckland City undertaking renovations to the Winter Gardens.
People will now be able to stay on for a picnic in the hour break between the Montana Jazz at the Rotunda concerts (2pm-4pm) and the relocated Winter Gardens performances (5pm-6pm).
There are 36 concerts in the Music in Parks series happening between 4 January and 21 March 2004:
- 12 x Montana Jazz at the Band Rotunda
- 12 x Winter Gardens (now at the Band Rotunda)
- 3 x Dancing in the Streets
- 3 x Solid Gold Saturdays (Tahaki reserve)
- 6 x suburban concerts
- 1 x "The Edge Jam in the Park" concert (Coyle Park)
- 1 x Great Barrier Island concert
- 1 x Waiheke Island concert
- 1 x "Rock the Park" concert (Pt England Reserve)
- 1 x "Blues at Blockhouse Bay" concert
- 1 x concert at Myers Park
Check your Free Summer Guide or http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/whatson/events/mips/ for more details.
Last year the concerts proved extremely successful with over 45,000 Auckland residents enjoying some beautiful summer days and a wide variety of top quality music.