75 years on – The Civic opens its doors to public
75 years on – The Civic opens its doors to the public
AUCKLAND, December 6, 2004—The Civic, Auckland’s iconic landmark is celebrating its 75th anniversary and from Friday 10 December – Sunday 12 December, we are offering public open days to help celebrate 75 years of theatre, music and a special piece of Auckland’s history. There will be tours, exhibitions, intriguing entertainers, a Freda Stark tribute and the rare opportunity to explore The Civic at leisure.
Open Day programme:
Friday 10th December – Sunday 12th December
Doors open at 10am. Doors close at 4pm.
- Tours of The Civic
- Live performances of a Freda Stark tribute in the Winter Garden
- Face painting for children
- Incredible entertainers
- ‘The Mighty Civic’ playing in The Civic auditorium (including the famous starry sky scene)
- High Tea (scones, tea, coffee) available at the bar
- A unique opportunity to view The Civic Auditorium and stage area at your leisure
- Rare exhibitions of photos and memorabilia showcasing the past 75 years of The Civic