Tower Lights Up To Support The Year Of The Rooster
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
09 February 2005
Sky Tower Lights Up To Support The Year Of The Rooster
SKYCITY Auckland is celebrating Chinese New Year - the Year of the Rooster - from today (9th February 2005) through until 24th February, with Sky Tower lit up in red and gold at night and complex-wide festivities ranging from lion dancing, Asian banquets to themed gaming promotions and giveaways.
SKYCITY’s public areas and Ming Court Chinese Restaurant have been decorated in Chinese New Year celebration theming and tonight (on Chinese New Year's Day), live traditional activities and performances will take place from 7:00pm in SKYCITY’s atrium and plaza entrance including God of Fortune, Red Bag Giveaways, Lion Dancing and firecrackers. SKYCITY'S General Manager Gaming, Greg Hawkins, will be in the Plaza to paint the eye on the dragon.
From 7:30pm in the SKYCITY Atrium there will be performances from The Silk Road Band - a Chinese instrumental group and Chinasty Art & Performance - (cultural dancing). Similar entertainment will be running from 7:00pm on Thursday 10 February through to Sunday 13 February 2005.
Promotional offers to welcome in the year
of the Rooster at Ming Court restaurant include three
special set Chinese New Year menus and one A La Carte menu.
A promotion will also run throughout the month of February
whereby any diner at Ming Court partaking in one of the
special Chinese New Year menu offers, (at lunch or dinner
time) can go into the draw to win:
- Two Trips for two to Hong Kong staying seven nights at the Sheraton Hotel and Towers;
- Or five SKYCITY Experience Packages (includes dinner for two at Ming Court (set menu), 2 x $5 gaming vouchers, one night's accommodation for two at SKYCITY Hotel, plus breakfast for two at Fortuna Restaurant.
SKYCITY’s main gaming floor will also offer various Chinese New Year themed promotions throughout February:
- Customers who join up with Action, (the SKYCITY card that rewards you every time you use your card at SKYCITY) during Chinese New Year will go in the draw to win 8888 (very lucky number) action points.
- Action cardholders who use their card at Ming Court will get triple points.
- There will be 15 prize draws (another lucky number) - one every day throughout the Chinese New Year celebration period.