WoF Seminars – How Export Ready Are You?
Friday September 16
Warrant of Fitness Seminars – How Export Ready Are You?
The NZ Music Industry Commission is pleased to provide more information on our upcoming ‘Warrant of Fitness: Driving International Success’ series of seminars with NZ music industry experts from home and abroad. Our speakers will be discussing issues about what makes a band internationally ‘roadworthy’ – which skills and attributes are critical to this – and learn techniques that will assist in developing music careers that are export-ready.
This knowledge will be especially relevant with the details of the NZMIC’s international export scheme soon to be announced.
Travelling to NZ for the WOF seminars are Simon Baeyertz (V2 International), Emily Crowther (Universal UK), and Kirk Harding (Universal USA). Our international speakers will be joined by locally based professionals with specific expertise on each topic. They will be answering questions such as:
- What are the key skills you need to engage the international music industry on behalf of an act?
- How do you go about establishing which territory to target?
- How do you build your address book and make international contacts?
- How differently should your approach be targeted when trying to enter a different market?
- How do you find out about, and utilise, In-market assistance?
- What are the best ways to use advertising, promo, and marketing material internationally?
The WOF seminars commence in Wellington on Saturday October 1st. Starting at 12.30 at The Film Archive (Cnr Ghuznee and Taranaki Sts) the Wellington session will be a 3 hour panel discussion featuring all of our international speakers, and covering the full list of topics that will be addressed in individual sessions in Auckland.
The Auckland sessions take place at the Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tamaki Auditorium, and comprise three 90 minute sessions on both Monday October 3rd and Tuesday October 4th.