Entries Starting to Roll in for Rev 120
Issued on behalf the Perry Foundation
April 3, 2006 – for immediate use
Entries Starting to Roll in for Perry Foundation Rev 120
Entries are now starting to pick up for the Perry Foundation REV 120 cycle race to be held in the Waikato on April 30.
The organisers of one of New Zealand’s richest cash prize cycle races, are aiming to build this inaugural event into one of the most recognised and anticipated cycling races on the events calendar.
“So you have done Taupo, now why don’t you do the Waikato” says Mark Ingle from Into Active Events – the race organisers.
The REV 120 Classic has a $10,000 prize pool with a minimum top prize of $2500, while there will be between $30,000 and $40,000 in spot prizes and giveaways to other category participants.
The event is the only major cycling race that starts and finishes in Hamilton. The loop course takes in Cambridge, Matamata and Morrinsville, and is unique in that one event category includes a mountain bike leg from Whitehall to Peria, through the Lord of the Rings set at Hobbiton, near Matamata.
The start/finish is at Waikato University which allows for easy access in and out of Hamilton for the cyclist. Support access, spectator vantage and entertainment will be well catered for at the race HQ.
Mark Ingle said the course has been praised by world championship bronze medallist Peter Latham and looks like receiving excellent support from A grade riders and cycle club members.
“However, we are very keen to attract corporate and social club teams as well.
The event has a number of categories, to appeal to as wide a range of participants as possible:
- The REV 120 CLASSIC is for the A grade cyclist with a current racing licence. with a restriction of 100 men and women riders.
- The REV 120 SOLO is for the recreational rider or age group racer - men and women wanting a good day out with their cycling mates or a race against their age group peers.
- The REV 120 TANDEM will be an open category - no age groups and no gender differences.
- The REV 120 RELAY is for teams of two, three or four and is a total distance of 120km.
- The REV 120 MTB RELAY is a unique combination of road riding and MTB for three people.
The event is being organised Into Active Events. Entries can be made online at www.therev120.co.nz.