Time Beveridge in Concert with Russ Garcia
Louis Armstrong … Ella Fitzgerald … Sammy Davis Jr… Frank Sinatra -- all the big names
Mazda proudly presents
“Fly Me to the Moon”
AUCKLAND NEOPHONIC JAZZ ORCHESTRA
In one big night of jazz and swing
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 11
AUCKLAND TOWN HALL
Fresh from performing his fifth anthem for the All Blacks on the weekend, Tim Beveridge is joining with music legend Russ Garcia in a one-off evening of musical magic in Auckland.
Together Tim and Russ will join with Auckland’s finest musicians in the Auckland Neophonic Jazz Orchestra in a premiere night of entertainment at the Auckland Town Hall on October 11.
charisma and artistry put him head and shoulders above the
– Michael Church - Sunday Express(UK)
“...Classic numbers like Mack the Knife and Girl From Ipanema roll off Tim's tongue like he is blowing bubbles,
and remind you that music is truly a beautiful, loving and wonderful gift that we sometimes lose sight of.”
Steve Hogg, RipItUp.
Tim has been favourably compared by Garcia with the likes of Sinatra and Tony Bennett. He is excited to be announcing this exciting event which promises an evening of beautiful music with an absolutely sensational collection of musicians. Fly me to the Moon will feature classic songs such as Come Fly with Me, For Once in My Life, Mack the Knife, That Old Black Magic etc etc
Music Legend Russ Garcia has worked with almost every Hollywood legend you can name including Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Sammy Davis Jr, Duke Ellington, Oscar Peterson etc.
Tim says, "It’s a huge undertaking but one that I'm excited about. This is the concert I have been wanting to perform for years.”
The name of the Neophonic Orchestra is inspired
by the legendary band of the swing era when the likes of
Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong and Sinatra ruled the
It was also the name given to the first band that Russ Garcia worked with in NZ. Tim has recorded two albums with Russ, the most recent being Come Rain Come Shine which was recorded in Hollywood. Russ is also writing new arrangements for the occasion.
The Neophonic Orchestra consists of a collection of hand-picked musicians. "It's amazing the amount of talent that NZ produces - and this is a great opportunity to feature that." says Tim
Beveridge with Russ Garcia and the Auckland Neophonic
Orchestra, “Fly me to the Moon”. It will be a night to
Bookings open at Ticketek on Saturday 26 August 3075000 www.ticketek.co.nz
A few QUOTES
“Beveridge’s charisma and artistry
put him head and shoulders above the rest”
– UK Sunday Express
“Tim Beveridge has an uncanny sense
of climax and a voice of satin…
He has extraordinary panache and communication skill”
- Christchurch Star
“the star of the evening was undoubtedly Tim
Beveridge, who offers the complete package of an easy stage
manner and a powerful voice”
- The Press
Interesting stuff about Tim Beveridge
· Played the role of the Phantom of the Opera in
Andrew Lloyd Webbers The Phantom of the Opera (at the age of
29) - the youngest ever to play the role
· Has a 100% success rate in test match anthems - Has sung five national anthems for the All Blacks – for five victories (although he says he obviously cannot claim credit…)
· Was voted by the BBC Voice of Musical Theatre as one of the top voices in the world in two successive events
· Recorded his debut album with the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra and legendary Arranger Russ Garcia who is the same guy who used to arrange for Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald (Russ lives in Kerikeri and is going strong at 89 years)
· Travelled with Russ to Hollywood to record Come Rain Come Shine with the Buddy Childers Big Band who have the credit of having worked with Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald etc etc
· Directed The Ultimate Vegas Experience for 40,000 people in his home town of Rotorua adopting the name Rotovegas for the night
· It really is Food and Beveridge…
One reviewer once wrote
… IF, as William Shakespeare says, music is the food of love then Tim Beveridge… definitely qualified as a deep-dish apple pie (sometimes spicy, often comfortingly familiar, always satisfying.
· Has his own 9 or 17 piece Neophonic Big Band featuring NZ’s premiere musicians
· Has his pilots licence – just had to add that…
Russ is one of New Zealand’s best-kept musical
· His career highlights include the following:
· Composer-Arranger-Conductor for 25 years at Universal Studios, also MGM, Fox, Disney. Worked on over one hundred films including the Time Machine, Atlantis, the ugly American, The Pad etc etc
· Albums; Arranger-Conductor for Ella Fitzgerald, Sammy Davis Junior, Louis Armstrong, Mel Torme, Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Sarah Vaughn etc etc and jazz greats Oscar Peterson, Stan Getz, Buddy de Franco, Roy Eldridge, Bud Shank, Johnny Hodges etc
· Arranger for Judy Garland, Fred Astaire, Eleanor Powell, Vic Damone, Stan Kenton, Harry James, Bob Crosby, Charlie Barnett etc
· Author two textbooks: The Professional Arranger-Composer Book 1 and Book 2 published in five languages throughout the world
· Staff Composer-Arranger for NBC Hollywood 3 years
· TV Shows: Name of the Game, Laredo, Rawhide, The Virginian, Wild Wild West, Mr District Attorney, Captain Newman, Twilight Zone etc
· Albums: Porgy and Bess with Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong; Listen to the music of Russ Garcia, Fantastica – music from outer space, Sounds in the Night, Hi Fi for kids from 2 to 92. I lead a charmed life, Variations etc etc
· Symphonies Tone Poems, Chamber Works performed and recorded in Germany Austria, USA, New Zealand, Australia
· Seminars at Indiana U. Michigan State, Texas State. Ohio State, Nevada State, and in Finland, Prague, New Zealand, Australia, Beijing U.
· Artist and Repertoire: Verve Records
· Conducted: Vienna, Prague, Munich, Hamburg, Hanover, Berlin, Stuttgart, Hollywood Bowl, Santa Monica, Glendale, Orange County, and New Zealand Symphonies.